Any Allnic users out there? Hum problem.

I brought this up previously but was not very specific.

I bought an H3000 phono stage which I liked very much and was perfectly silent. I then bought an HA Head Amp which had a slight hum. Shortly after I got it one of the transistors blew(I believe,) it went dead and I had to return it to Korea for repair.

Since I've gotten it back the hum is worse. When I play a record the sound covers the hum but when it stops the hum can be heard and felt from the speakers where I am sitting about 8 feet away. I asked the maker about this and he told me he sent it back to me in perfect condition so that's a dead end.

Is a hum to be expected? Do you live with it? Is it a grounding problem? I asked the maker about this as well and he did not respond to the query.

I would greatly appreciate any advice from Allnic users and especially those with the HA3000. Do you get a hum? Is it noticeable when an lp isn't playing? Any grounding suggestions?

My amp is a VTL S200 with an Ayre pre K5 xe mp.

VTL super scoutmaster with 3D tonearm.

Conditioner is an Isotek Sigma.

As I said everything is perfectly quiet until I turn on the HA.

I want to fix this because I like the Allnic sound enormously and don't want to be without the HA. It really is wonderful.

Thanks for any thoughts you may have on my situation.

vindanpar
I use an H3000 with an HA3000 and don't have any of the hum issues that you describe.  I use the setup with both a DV XX-2 MkII and Kiseki Purpleheart.  You may want to make sure that the tubes are seated properly as they can become dislodged during shipping.

Thank you.

I was talking to another individual and he said he had no hum issue as well.

How do you like the HA added to the H?

I really enjoy the HA with the H.  As you said, the sound stage is really enormous and holographic.

Oh, I thought of another thing:  When I plugged my network streamer in the system, the wireless router did cause some noise to come through the phono stage.  Once I removed that, the noise went away right away.
Dear Nandric, I left Connecticut nearly 40 years ago in order to move to Washington, DC, and I consider Connecticut to be my native language.  Moreover, I still tell people I am from New England.