Anticables and the Jumper Effect: Or how I learnedto stop worrying and love my system!

Over the last 2 years I’ve changed my system up a bit and played around with various speakers and cables. Finally, the speaker that won my heart was the JBL 4429. Dynamic, neutral and low distortion at any SPL’s. They can fill my listening space from side to side and floor to ceiling with that “In the Club” sound which I crave. But how I would coax the best results from them would remain to be heard. I absolutely love my Krell Vanguard and my Yamaha S-2100 SACD Player, so tweeking would be relegated to the cabling and speaker placement. FYI, I use Deer Creek Audio custom stands for the 4429’s. Trial and error plus frustration led me to try Anticables products...one at a time. First was the level 3 power cord which finally unleashed the amazing potential of my Krell. Next was the Interconnects, for which I chose the level 3.1 XLR’s, again moving my system closer to unbridled performance. Lastly was the speaker cables and jumpers ( I have expensive single run speaker cables which I was hoping would do the job well so I tried the jumper/single run Anticables Level 3.1’s). Here is where it became a bit shocking. The Anticables jumpers with the MIT speaker cables sounded great, but not quite involving enough. Then I put the Anticables speaker cables in and realized I was on the right tack. I could hear deeper into the mix and the extension and detail was phenomenal, but...something in the upper midrange just didn’t sound right. There was a peakiness in the upper mid band and a lack of warmth in the overall presentation that bothered me. What to do? I decided to swap out the Anticables jumpers with my MIT Magnum jumpers which I had used previously. Holy Mother of God, what a huge leap in SQ and presence!! The midrange and bass took on a scary realistic weight and warmth without sacrificing detail. The results were flabbergasting...I could hardly believe how much better the sound had become, as if a new amp had been inserted! Almost tube like roundedness and texture. So what’s the take away from this experience? Audio is still the great unknown frontier where only through experimentation can we uncover the hidden realities that lurk just below the sonic horizon:)
128x128dave_b
One of them, yes!  All Kubrick actually...my next audio adventure will be “Ears Wide Shut”!
Year later and Anticables power cord on my Krell is a keeper.  Anticables speaker cables and jumpers are phenomenal!  Interconnects were a bit off...dug out an old pair of Monster top tier studio grade interconnects I had laying around since the early 2000’s.  Damn if the chemistry between the various components and cables didn’t snap into focus.  Everything sounds alive and brimming with dynamics but also fully fleshed out and tonally more truthful:(). Schweet sounds for the Age of The Pandemic!
Anticables speaker cables and jumpers are phenomenal and remain in my system.  For interconnects I demo’d a set of Transparent G5 Plus Balanced cables.  Finally found a match between my Krell and Yamaha CDP...absolutely stunning!  Clear, fully fleshed out, warm and dynamic as heck.  Tone is best I’ve experienced in system as well.  That’s a wrap 😉