Anti-cables vs CC89259

I've been a user of the CC89259 for many years now. But recently a lot of fellow audio club members have been replacing their expensive speaker cables with these "Anti-cables"

www.anticables.com

Has anyone had any direct experience comparing these against the CC89259? I know they are inexpensive enough to just try out for myself, but I am still wondering if anyone's had any experience with them and what your thoughts are.

Thanks,
Bob
ptmconsulting

Showing 1 response by electroid

I think more of the raves are for the Speltz interconnects than the speaker cable. The speaker cable is very inexpensive and holds a lot of appeal to value seekers. I had 8TC, replaced it with Speltz and enjoyed Speltz and its more tranparent HF response, better detail and image. I also tried VH Audio CHeLA cable and found it very similar to Speltz but put back the Speltz. Speltz is a third to a fifth the cost of those others. I find speaker cable has less impact on sound than interconnects, which have less impact than power cables. In my setup to my ears anyway. Also a big 3D image is very important to me and nothing has ever opened it up as wide or deep as the Speltz interconnects. I compared much higher priced interconnects ($500-$1200/pr) to the Speltz interconnect and it won by a long shot. I was shocked....in a good way. I am happy with the tonal balance of my system. Once I found a power cable that properly reproduced digital and HF nicely I have concentrated on soundstage and image. These things make the biggest difference to the image:

not in order of importance because I don't know that

1)PS Audio P-300 on source components set @120HZ output
2)Speltz interconnects
3)Bi-wiring and less so bi-amping (and I do a passive horizontal biamp*) bi-wire made a bigger difference than biamp but I had two amps that are the same brand-sensativity-impedence, a perfect setup for passive bi-amp which does help. It just had less impact than bi-wiring....in my setup
4)Good power cords

* on my speakers that allow for it