Anti-cables Performance Series Level 2

I have owned the classic anti-cables from time to time in the past. I liked much of what they did, but I did think they were just a little too forward in the upper mids. While this may have been system dependant or my personal hearing traits, I haven't used them in quite a while.

My days of super expensive cables (and gear) have been over for some time. I have a modest (by high end standards) system and I am always looking for inexpensive ways to make noticable improvements to the sound.

I recently switched to a set of Sunfire CRM2 monitor speakers with ribbon tweeters. They are very detailed yet very very smooth. Actually, I thought they were a little too smooth, so I thought I would give the new L2 anti-cables a try; obviously, there is nothing to lose with a money back guarantee.

Wow. I had been using a set of Supra 3/4S which are very nice sounding. But the Level2 anticables are significantly better in my system. I was looking for a more lively sound, what I got was a 'you are there' presentation, literally more detail from recording with no hardness or etch. And this performance with the cables coming straight out of the box. I was able to move the speakers further apart and yet have a stronger center fill and a bigger soundstage. Ambience cues are now easily heard.

I can't report on the deep bass response as the Sunfire's are crossed over to powered subs at 100Hz (by design).

I'll report back after a week or two of break-in.

10' pair $120

Highly Recommended.

System:
Tact 2.2xp
W4S ST-250
Sony DVD/SACD
Sunfire CRM-2
Orb Super 8 powered subwoofers
Simply Physics sckt interconnects, digital interconnects
PS Audio Duet
various power cords, Supra, Element, MIT
various Herbies Audio Lab isolation
tkmetz

Showing 1 response by josh6113

I'm glad your enjoying the level 2's.I recently purchased a 10' foot pair for my 8060-st deftechs and I am very pleased with what my towers sound like now.Movies,music...I simply can't get enough now.The detail I now hear is a vast improvement from what I was using before.