anthony gallo av reference vs usher be 718

While i realise they are very different speakers I am looking aboth as replacements for my current set up.
I havea harmon kardon av 635 av receiver driving Jamo studio art and jamo centre speaker with an infinity subwoofer with 8 in driver .
Initially I was looking at a separate stereo set up with the ushers and a cayin 88t integrated amp which Iheard together sounding great .
However I am also looking at the Anthony Gallo as my current location is on a wall with a shelf on either side of the speakers
According to the Gallo literature they are designed to work well against a wall,while the ushers wouls probably need stand mounting and as such woulkd be more intrusive in my room
So
1 as pure stereo speakers do the gallo stack up against the usher if driven by harmon kardon amp or the cayin?
2 how will the gallo sound wall mounte d but with a shelf by their side ?
The plan would be to get matching centre speaker in brand chosen
valverocks

Showing 3 responses by sthomas12321

I owned 2 pair of gallo's. It was the worst speaker purchase I have ever made. I cant believe all the buzz on these speakers a few years back. I can think of many speakers, even under 1k Id rather own.
Mailman,

Id buy Paradigm studio 100's before Id go Gallo. Found them harsh in midrange, they couldnt be driven very hard, and the soundstage was very low. I messed with placement forever, and even bought a secod used pair to see if they just needed broke in. Luckily, I was able to get the money I paid back out of them.

There is a pair of Martin Logan Ascent i's for $1500. I have owned those, and if you have the room, they are in another league then the gallo's. I realize Im being harsh on the gallo's, but its because I was very very let down by there sound. They look cool and take up little space, Ill give them that.