Anthem STR vs Parasound JC 2 BP vs any other sub $5,000 Preamp?

~10x10x8.5' is the room, concrete floor and ceiling... Yeah its horrible! Room treatments will be applied as best as i can fit them in. Other than audio gear and a listening chair nothing else will be in the room. 

~Seriously wanting room correction!

~2.0, possibly adding in a sub or two in the future, strictly music, streaming/music server will be used.

~Speakers will be possibly Legacy Calibres, or any other assortment as I may do a lot of different small-large bookshelf's over the course of this systems life if time permits. 

Any recommendations, pros, cons would be well valued at or below the $5,000 MSRP point thanks, 
jasonl337

Showing 1 response by chrissmith

Another option is to run the JC2 BP with minidsp SHD (which includes Dirac).  Depending on what sources you use, this might make a lot of sense.  The SHD does digital correction in the digital domain and then you can pass to your DAC of choice (96/24), then JC2 BP.

I went this route, to have the modularity of room correction and an amazing preamp separately and because I just lived the JC2 presentation (jet black noise floor and separation).