Anthem STR or Naim Uniti Nova for Paradigm Persona 3F?

Hi all, 

I'm planning AV for new construction with my family and the centerpiece will be the stereo system. I auditioned the Paradigm Persona 3F, powered by an Anthem STR integrated amp, and fell in love. So, now that I've got my speakers picked, I need to find an amp that sounds great but also fits the following criteria:
  • Simplicity is going to be key for this system. While I don't mind messing with multiple pieces of equipment to play a CD or stream music, my family does not have the same patience. 
  • The fewer boxes, the better for the same reasoning as above. If an amp has a built in network streamer or CD player, that's not a negative for me. 
  • Most of the music being played will be digital, so the amp has to have a great DAC. I'm open to a separate DAC but I don't feel it'd fit my budget easily. 
  • Budget for the amp is ideally around 6k, but I am able to go higher if the amp incorporates another component, such as a network streamer. 
  • Home Theater Bypass is ideal, as I will be incorporating the system into a small HT setup. That said, 2ch music is the priority and what will the system will be used for the most. 
My current plan was this: I would use my Blu-ray player, either a Sony UBP-X1000ES or Panasonic DP-UB9000, as a CD transport. I am open to a separate transport if people feel that it would be better, but again, less boxes is better. That leaves only network streamer as the other digital source, which could be separate or could be incorporated into the amp. Currently, I am between the Anthem STR integrated and the Naim Uniti Nova. Here are my thoughts on both:

The Anthem STR sounded great on the Personas, although it's the only amp I auditioned them on. When I go back, I will try more. The included ARC room correction might be very useful to me, as these speakers will be in a large, long room with no ability for treatments other than a rug or two. Maybe the room correction will help in such a room more than a nicer amp... The cheaper price and higher power was nice, and integration into Control4 plus HT Bypass is ideal. 

I have not yet heard the Naim Uniti Nova, but it's reputation is great. I particularly like having the network streamer built in, but I worry that the power output may be too low. I will not likely be able to audition these on the Personas, so if anyone has heard this duo, or any of the Uniti line with them, I'd be grateful to hear your thoughts. Control4 integration is available but no HT Bypass... 

My dealer also has a Moon 340i that I heard with some B&Ws that sounded wonderful. He praised the DAC in it and I'd be open to this as well, but since it does not incorporate a CD player or network streamer and is near the top of my theoretical price range, I'm less inclined. That said, since I can audition it with the Personas, I likely will. 

Anyway, I'd be very grateful if people could weigh in on the STR vs the Nova (and 340i, if inclined), but I'm open to any thoughts on these speakers and powering them in general! Thanks in advance. 

bpryan

Showing 1 response by tomic601

I have an Atom and it sounds fantastic w Vandersteen Treo CT ( see my Casa Pacifica system ) it just gets better as you go up the line. The streamer integration is fantastic as is support for a NAS ( I use a Synology- RIP your CD’s in !!!! )
have fun
enjoy the music