Anthem MCA5

I have a Denon 3300 and am not happy with the sound. I'm thinking about moving up to a real amp for Home Theater and my dealer wants me to take a look at the Anthem. The price seems right, I could use the Denon as a preamp until I could afford something better. I like to ask around before I even bring it home for a test weekend. Thanks for any advice.
klhender

Showing 3 responses by angela100

Just be prepared for slower service if you ever need it. They are in Canada and we have never had anything turned around in less than a month or so.

Another amp you may want to look at is the Adcom GFA7500, around same price, but is THX certified, etc. sweet.
Marantz AV9000 HOME THEATER /PREAMP/TUNER/PROCESSOR
with a Classe CA300 on front speakers and Adcom GFA-7500 on center, and rear.
Leafs, don't get me wrong. We have an Anthem CD player and a Sonic Frontiers preamp in our 2-channel system. Our CD player has been gone for 5 weeks now. When we first bought our preamp (brand new Line 3), it didn't work out of the box, so we fought and fought and finally after writing a letter to the president, we got some attention and it took over 6 weeks to get a new preamp. We love the gear, just not the service and support. I am learning that this may just be the most important factor to consider. I don’t know if this is typical, I can just tell you on two different occasions, almost 2 years apart, we had the same, slow, frustrating experience. Thank god for backup equipment!
Of course, amps are beasts and usually aren't so finicky and don’t require so much attention. Just wanting to share our experiences if this is also a criteria.

For HT, though, I feel that the ADCOM was made for this. Here’s a link http://www.adcom.com/main/gfa_7500.htm