Anthem MCA 325 or Rotel 1582 with B&W CM10

Hello Members,

I need some advice on upgrading my amp for my setup. Currently I have the Rotel 1582 MkII powering B&W CM10 S2s and Anthem MRX 720 powering the CM Center 2 S2 and CM1 S2s for surrounds. Would I benefit if I upgrade the Rotel to an Anthem MCA 325 so I can power the center channel and front LR with it? The power is 200/ ch Rotel vs 225/ch Anthem. Thought it’s not a much difference for the L/R, only the Center would get 225w vs 140w from the MRX 720. I’m buying the Anthem used, so I’ll be spending around $500 more after I sell my Rotel. Should I just stick with my current system? Or spending ~$500 justifies the difference it makes?
badaga
Same. Want to know your impressions as I'm also in the same boat
Same boat as in same set of speakers and amp? Anyway, I love the CM10 S2 with the A21. I don't think I'm going to make an upgrade anytime soon.
Now that you have had the A21 for a while what are your impressions?
Sorry for the very late response - I missed to see this message.
I love the A21 and like the speakers even more. Pretty significant difference compared to the Rotel, in my opinion.
I know it's been a while, but I finally upgraded to Parasound A21 replacing the Rotel 1582 MkII. I think it sounds a little warmer now with my B&W CM10 S2s, but only have listened to it briefly. Will know more in few days. I also have to re-run the Anthem ARC with this new amp.
I have had a few Anthem amps now and I do not remember having any issues with thump when starting the amplifiers up. Unfortunately the one I ordered got damaged during shipping and had to be returned.
I’d go with Parasound if I were you too. I had the MCA 225 with the 702s2 and didn’t like it. The Parasound A21 was much better in my opinion. Tighter deeper bass and more musical. I found the Anthem too boomy / uncontrolled in the bass. I could live with it for HT probably but not 2 channel.

@chief4425 

Where you having any poping sounds when the Anthem powers up & powers down with your 702 s2?
been reading few reports regarding this specially with sensitive speakers.
Was this issue apparent in your setup?

Thanks.

After all I said, I ended up purchasing an Anthem MCA 50 for my home theater. After trying a few amplifiers, it really is a solid amp when you look at build quality and price / performance. I think I would like the 5 channel Parasound better but it would cost probably 2.5x as much
A2/ A5 are not on my budget. The reason I was interested in MCA amp is because I thought they would pair well with MRX-720 that I have. I’ll look for a Parasound then. Also, right now it’s 70%-80% HT since I don’t usually get a chance to listen to 2 ch. without any disturbances in my living room - kids and family.
If you want Anthem, I’d go with the A2 or A5. I briefly had one before getting a Pass Labs amp and I do remember liking it.
I’d go with Parasound if I were you too. I had the MCA 225 with the 702s2 and didn’t like it. The Parasound A21 was much better in my opinion. Tighter deeper bass and more musical. I found the Anthem too boomy / uncontrolled in the bass. I could live with it for HT probably but not 2 channel.
Not yet. I missed on a good deal on a MCA-325 because I wasn’t sure if it was worth the upgrade. On the lookout for another one... also I want to get an amp that can reduce the brightness on my CM 10s, it’s not too much but on some music it’s a tad bit bright. I might like it less. May be a Parasound Halo 21/31.