Anthem Integrated 225 -opinions

Hi group,
I want to upgrade my system, which is currently an older pair of Arcam amplifiers (Alpha 9 integrated and Alpha 9 power), which I bi-amp with B&W 805 Nautilus speakers.

My audio dealer suggests the Anthem integrated 225: much better power than the older Alpha's (Anthem: 225 w/ch) ....; says it will be a much better fit for my speakers.

Looking for opinions on the Anthem;

Also, I've been a big fan of bi-amping: doing that with my Arcams sounds quite good. Does anyone know if that's possible with the Anthem integrated? (Or, would the Anthem offer such a sound improvement that bi-amping would be unnecessary?)

Thanks in advance for your input,
Jeff
arcamguy

Showing 3 responses by jafant

steve59-

Thanks! for sharing. The Anthem 225/225i is special indeed.  The more modern Krell is the Vanguard. it is on my list to demo as well. I have never heard any Krell amp- I own Thiel loudspeakers. These babies crave high current.  Keep me posted on your buying decisions.

Feel free to give a shout -out for your local dealer/retailer. Happy Listening!

Happy Holidays  & Season's Greetings

I will chime in here-
last year spent some time w/ the Anthem 225. It has both high power & high current -enough to drive (t perfection) the Thiel C 2.7 and CS 3.7 models. This is not an easy feat, as Thiel, craves high power + high current from its power source. I was impressed to say he very least. I am a separates guy, but, I could easiy live w/ the Anthem- my highest suggestion. Happy Listening! =JA
I hear ya (no pun) Gary.

Yes, I have spent much time w/ both the Rega & Anthem.
In short, the Anthem offers much more power and much more
current. It is powerful enough to drive Thiel (my reference)
loudspeakers to concert levels.

The Rega is much less powerful in this regard. It should be utilized in a smaller system that will not be driven to concert spl.

Keep me posted and Happy Listening!