Anthem 225 vs Yamaha A-S2000

Hi guys. So I have some new speakers on the way (4ohm but high sensitivity custom scanspeak standmounts) and am looking between the Anthem and the Yamaha for a good integrated.

Unfortunately, I live in a state where I will not be able to audition, so would be grateful if anyone could give me some impressions if they have heard either of these amps.

Thank you!
loftarasa

Showing 2 responses by sonicbeauty

Just stumbled on this thread - I did audition the Yamaha amp for a week prior to purchasing my Anthem 225. The Yamaha is a beautiful amplifier for sure, but the Anthem is effortless in power, and just sounds more organic in my humble opinion, as well as having a more refined top-end. I just feel the value of this Anthem is off scale. But the Yammy sure is a nice one, I don't think you could go wrong with either one.
Well, I guess only fools cannot change their perception of things! I had been thinking about my initial Yamaha audition when I purchased my Anthem 225. It had me thinking for months...well, I gave it another go and must admit that finally, it does sound more refined in every parameter - so I sold the Anthem and purchased the Yammy. The Anthem is still a fantastic amp for the money, but overall, it is more of your basic amplifier and a very well executed one at that. The Yamaha has a better phonostage built-in, a better headphone stage, much better tone and volume controls, and sounds stellar even when compared to much higher priced units. One final thing, the Yamaha actually sounds subjectively just as powerfull as the Anthem's whopping 225 watts per channel.