Anthem 225 vs Yamaha A-S2000

Hi guys. So I have some new speakers on the way (4ohm but high sensitivity custom scanspeak standmounts) and am looking between the Anthem and the Yamaha for a good integrated.

Unfortunately, I live in a state where I will not be able to audition, so would be grateful if anyone could give me some impressions if they have heard either of these amps.

Thank you!
loftarasa

Showing 1 response by justav

I can also highly recommend the Anthem. Ours is now driving Revel M22's in the bedroom system with really nice and convincing sound.
Prior to that, we enjoyed it in our main system (driving F52's at that time), where we eventually upgraded to an Accuphase E450 (which definitely plays in a different category and opens up a whole new set of details, no contest).
Long before that, I had Yamaha amps, but can't really comment on how those compare, as they were driving speakers in a very different category.

In it's price range, I think the Anthem can hold it's own very well, especially if you need some power and prefer the uncluttered concept of good integrated amps.