Anthem 225 integrated: Anyone knows anything ?

Hello,

I am building a smaller system and I came to find out about this seemingly amazing bargain in the Anthem 225.

Now, the dealer also sells the YBA Design line, Cambridge Audio and Musical Fidelity.

I have no experience with those lines (except with a MF A5 integrated).

I have experience with higher-end (tubes and SS) but nothing from those manufacturers mentioned.

Now the dealer says that the Anthem 225 - is WAY BELOW a cambridge 840A and YBA Design - maybe so, but since he has no demo unit for me to listen to, its hard to say.

On reputation alone, maybe he's right, but look at the Anthem closely, build quality and all. Looks like a bargain for a 1,500 retail price doesn't it ? Any comments?
sonicbeauty

Showing 1 response by meerzistar

The Anthem stuff being made locally as well other good makes they have always been reachable retail and used. More people seem to prefer hanging on to them because I only see a small handful go up since those started being made. The 225 I had would be I guess 4 or 5 years old by now. I have lots of good things to say about them, but first being that they are for your taste. It can does play a lot on synergies I think paradigm and PSB sound vg with Anthem. Goldi speakers are notoriously known for liking alot of power to sound best, the 225 takes a good grip on them.

Look at the 225 specs, power and stability and other key aspects. If an exposure 2010 sounded more powerful some kind of mismatch was going on there. The anthem outweighs it substantially, they are 42.5 lbs vs 14 with the exposure. I can admit the exposure has more full and robust sound in comparison. That can trick ears into thinking one amp sounds more powerful than it actually is or vs another, until you push them harder then truth shows. they are fine amplifiers, exposures. but the 2010S just havent got the balls of the Anthem. The 225 doesnt sound bad to me Its one I wouldnt of minded keeping it, at the time hearing other amps was higher up on choices. 1300 is a good deal for a new oneé They go for more in other places. even locally, wich dont seem right.

Theres more notes on power, they are known to score higher on bench tested output, the 225 x 2 gets a little under credited in its manual rating.

Nice lookers, blacked out and understated it looks business http://www.anthemav.com/products-current/model=i225/page=overview