Another new DAC: Audio Mirror

Just ran across this last night. Never heard of them before but
as a Minnesota company tweaked my curiosity.
Audio Mirror Tubadour III non-oversampling tube DAC. Sounds interesting.
If anyone runs across one and has a listen please post.
128x128rja

Showing 34 responses by audio123

Hey....How come i cant find it ?...i keep getting The stereo times...any help out there...Please and thank you!
Thank you for the link...Love Peace and Audio grease!!!
Hey Kray...waiting to Hear more about your shootout...any more thoughts about the two DAC'S???
Understood...thanks kray for the update....and to all who Participate in this thread...Please stay safe in these Krazy times!!

I just bought The New Audio Mirror Tubadour 3 Dac and like most new audio it took about 10 Days of non stop usage to show you how Really GREAT this Dac is- in my opinion ....Its a combo of it being a R2R...with the  Analogue Devices AD1865NK chip and Vlads Stage/4 tube  implementation....I had a Schiit Audio Yggy 2 and it was to bold ...Vivid and could be unrelenting and sold it last week and was VERY glad to see it go...Its a great Dac-just didnt mesh with my system and was looking for something i could just lay back and listen to for hours...If your a fan of the better Audionote Dacs...This is the one to Listen to..Yep Yep...its that GOOD at a Very Fair Price....
another little update on my AM tube3 Dac....it continued to open up after 500 hrs of usage to the point that if you know a better Dac at $1500 please turn me on to it...this Dac just changed my way of Listening....HUGE soundstage...smooth as silk sound with enough punch to sink my Schiit Yggy2 to never never land....And Im thinking about  vassils upgrades that I may be sending it back to Vlad to MAX it out!!  if and when i do i will report back...but even at stock(xlr upgrade) this RTR tube Dac kicks sum serious Analog  ASS...THUTH!!
Mucho thanks Vassils on the other upgrades....but a little confused on why go unbalanced?..Have Acoustic Zen Matrix Reference II balanced and can switch to sum AZ Silver Reference II single ended..........Also Peace and much Love & Prayers to All Of New Zealand’s Sister’s & Brother’s and beyond(were all CREATED in the Image of THE SAME GOD!! Amen!....................One thing I forgot to mention is that I am running all inputs into A BAT tubed pre ...and running Balanced makes a HUGE difference....
Thanks  vassils...will do....any other upgrades/besides the Caps and power supply....I decided to send it back to Vlad and let him work sum more
 magic on this little gem!
Much Thanks Vassils for all your input...and will try both and report back after i receive my AM Tube3  Dac back from the Bulgarian who goes by the  Alias Vlad....HA!!
First Professional review of the Audio Mirror Tubadour III  Just out in the April Edition of "Enjoy the Music" by Ron Nagel...Just My 2cents but These kind of Review's always Leaves me scratching my Head..Very little (I MEAN NONE) Info on the  Tonality...soundstage (Height..width..depth)...dynamic range & contrasts..ect...ect..and goes on to compare it to of all dac's a  Music Hall 25.3 DAC! (which i owned years ago and used it on a cheap sony player in my sony based garage system) Let alone any comparison to any other mid priced dac's (Holo audio..Mytek...Schitt....Bechmark to name a few).and found very little useful info besides Ron spending about a 1/3 of his print on the attractive front panel(really!) yet he ends with    "I highly recommended it for its overall musical performance and price. And I recommended it for the sound shaping flexibility only Vacuum Tubes can offer you"..and gives it mostly 4 1/2 notes out of 5..How would could you make a sound buying Decision on This type (0r lack Of) Review??.This is not the first time Ron Nagel's Reviews left my wanting (and how he got this Gig??) and find his "Style"...Confusing & Empty to put it mildly...Read it yourself and share your thoughts...as with anything Audio... YMMV
Oh heck Yeah...the first 50hrs I was thinking about sending it back.to VLAD...(yggy2 was still in the house)....The next 50,,,it was.. Alright!...after 120 hrs it was ,,HELL YEAH!!...give it time (after 250hrs it MAXED out) and sold the Yggy2 and have been enjoying one FINE ANAOLG sounding Dac ever since...Let us know you experience.....as always with audio.....YMMV....Enjoy!!

emil...what changes in your Maxed out version  compared to the stock version Have you had done? and if you don't mind sharing.... what was the Difference in price compared to the stock $1500 unit?
Greetings emil...who about an update on how you AM3 is sounding after a couple weeks burn in?...can you make a comparison to your old DAC?...curious minds  linger to hear your thoughts!......and thanks for your time
Greetings Martin-Andersen
...Great Dac...Just order it and Listen for 10 days...if you dont like it ship it back to Vlad and only Pay for shipping....Its the only way to see if its the right Dac for your system and taste...Love mine (VERY musical with great deatail and a soundstage that is deep and wide with decent Height...The Bass is good but not the tightest or lowest i have heard)  and i had many dac’s before it...most were more expensive than the very Reasonable $1500 Vlad charges for his standard Dac..
Got m eyes and ear on a used or New PrimaLuna Stock Evo 100 Dac (I know its not a fair fight...the evo is twice the price...but one of our members got the MAXED out Version $2400)....so stay tuned for this update!!
Not surprised!!    Welcome to the club!!....Not a better Stock dac for $1500...if so....PROVEI IT!!...because YOU CAN"T...TRUTH!!
Ok...so i have been hearing about a Polish Cap The KPCU (From Don Sachs-- this the Cap that he Listens to in his Pre) that is One of the BEST caps out there at any Price....so i sent my stock AM3 Dac up to Vlad ( To Once again break out his Magic Audio wand) and He to is impressed with this Polish Cap.(Especially at its price... nothing can touch it) so he installed the KPUC caps...Z-foil resistors and had him jump out the fuse(voids the warranty..but i love to take chances..HA!).....well all i can say (After 250hrs of burn in) is that this GREAT stock Dac just Blew my mind with more Detail..Mini and Macro...soundstage that grew in every direction(width..height and depth) and a sound that made me quit Listening to my 5K anolog rig!!...so i call this Mod His Mini Maxed out version and couldn’t be more excited with the results!...and would not trade or sell this DAC for any other(last dac after many others was the Schitt yggy 2 that made my ears Bleed after more than One Hour..TRUTH!) So if you have a stock AM3 or are getting ready to place a order...ask Vlad on this great Polish cap upgrade that will save you about $200 (compared to his maxed out Duelund Cap Version) and will turn a very good Dac into something VERY special!.. some more audio food for thought and as always with anything audio YMMY! and PM me if you want any more info on this special Dac>>>Love..Peace and Audio Grease!
Yes The Caps are a tight fit but Vlad had no problem with the install...running stock tubes at the present...What do you recommend?...and yes...there is no better DAC that i know or heard at this price...if so...please turn me on to it(But i still wouldn’t sell my AM3..TRUTH!)...To cal3713....give it at least 4 days of no stop playing b 4 you sit down and get its grove on...After the first 2 days i was ready to send it back...but i have been at this game for over 30yrs and knew to chill and give it another day or so ...and then the sky opened up and the musical sun ran down over my system and i knew this was a keeper!

The Cap that i forgot to mention by name Is The Miflex KPCU (And Read  what Soinc Craft has to say about this cap...and they KNOW caps!!)
Hey jtcf...great to hear..and the good news is...its only gonna get better!..Enjoy and keep us posted!..What about the fuse....have you considered to jump it out?..in stead of wasting money on SR blue fuse or the likes?
another big plus for the Miflex is there price /performance...two Miflex KPCU =$140...2.Same value  Duelund CAST tinned copper=$440...thats a huge difference when your recapping a $1500 DAC!...just more audio food for thought!

yep ...i cant believe audio heads are spening 5k to 12k for a dac that will be obsolete in a year...2 at the max when they could have near SOTA for a fraction of what they wasted...i got the Mini Maxed out(Miflex caps...Z foil resestiors..and jumped out the fuse(big improvment)...for under what they paid for a great coax...i had sum of the big boy club dacs...and i am proud to say i would never go back!!.Yep Yep...it is that good....as always YMMY...but i serious doubt it..,,TRUTH!

Talking to Vlad...his new preamp should be out VERY soon....$1500 ...and Knowing Vlad could be another GIANT Killer...Keep your eyes on his website.......Love Peace and Audo grease to all of the AMT 3 DAC owners.....TRUTH!!

jmolsberg I lke all of your picks except 1 over 2(JUST for a MUCH cheaper Alternative...$300 to be exact)   ....Check out what Vlad has to say about the Miflex caps on His Latest Audiogon add for his AMT 3 SE DAC about the Miflex Kpuc cap vs the Dueland and the $300 savings (Answer to a Question about the Miflex KPUC Cap)...which is HUGE when your talking about a $1500 DAC...(also jumping out the fuse makes a very BIG change and Vlad will do it for free)...more audio food for thought  Right?...Can't go wrong either way...but  a $300 price difference is HUGE when the caps are not that far apart....I know...I got the Miflex and one of our audio members got the Dueland...and it was a super close shoot out!!..9 members were present and it was 5 to 4 infavor of the Duland caps(But most thought it was a dead Heat!)        I know  cal3713  wasn't all that impressed with the Polish Miflex cap...But Talking to DS recently.... he among others are using this that cap over the MUCH more expensive Dueland's   (Read  what Sonic Craft has to say about these caps)...And DS  uses this cap in his personal Preamp to listen and evaluate and Enjoy Music....as always in Audio__YMMV....But once again a BIG savings and more Audio foodie for thought!....Love Peace and Audio grease!!
Yep Yep....Was just throwing out a different option   (Price Wise)......Dueland caps are very special...and your in for a very cool Audio Treat....Like all good Caps...give them 50 to 100 hrs before they settle down and make there magic!!!...Its Krazy how good this DAC is...sooo anolg like its turntable SPOOKY!......Enjoy my Friend..and PLEASE give us sum thoughts....Peace
Greetings jmolsberg....any thoughts on your Maxed out AMT 3 you care to share over the stock verson?
Hey jmolsberg as you already know.. give it at least 3 days of non stop signal (I would even say 4 days)....Then your going to hear it shine!!..After the first 2 days i was ready to send it back and ask Vlad..."What the hell happened to my DAC"?......then the audio sky opened up(4days) and beautiful anolog Music came shining down...TRUTH!......

Mesch.....Great Call...I got the  Miflex Kpuc cap's ,,Naked Vishay resistors and had Vlad jump out the Fuse(big inprovment)...Dac is sitting on a sanwiched plater with vibrapod cones inbetween and the DAC is sitting on the Vibrapod isolation feet(a heck of alot cheaper than the
 IsoAcoustics GAIA Isolation/antivibration feet and maybe just as good?)...your going to LOVE the Miflex caps...Great organic sound...very wide soundstage and so smooth and fatigue free ..you will think you have a $5000 turtable rig! and will listen for hours with a BIG ASS GRIN!...Even some poor recorded cd's are once again listenable!! and the best part is the over $300 you saved with miflex caps..which is huge...when you maxing out a $1500 stock Dac(That by the way sounds great STOCK!!)...Burn those miflex caps for a good 4 days and she will open up and grab a glass of "HENNY" and get ready...the AUDIO SKY is about to OPEN UP...TRUTH!! and ENJOY!!

Goo
No...the fuse is still intact...just ran a wirwe to jump it out and bypass the fuse..and with a jumper you can cut it at any time and your back to using the fuse!!...once you hear it jumped out....you wont want to go back...plus all my components are pluged into difffrent AC SURGE PROTECTORS...and we lost electric to many times to count...with surges coming on and off...NO DAMAGE!!

I am a little confused Vassilis?...i ran this idea about jumping out the fuse thru Vlad and he said there was nothing to worry about as far as his dac was concerened and he jumped it out...plus its connected to a very expensive power conditioner/surge protector...so explain to me how in the Gods green earth is this little Dac going to burn my house down.....i run 4 space heater thru out my home ..and your telling me my dac(read above) is gonna light it up like the 4th of July!!!....WOW...
Thats Great,,,but this thread is about the AMT 3 DAC....not Holo that Tim Connors is just the Middle Man in that Chinese Company ...so lets get back to Vlad and His AMAZING American Made DAC!
just a little thought about the AM3 SE Dac and the Cambridge CXC transport...Well i recently changed Transports from the CXC to The Audiolab 6000cdt transport and let me tell you the difference was not SMALL!...The Audiolab was BETTER in every thing we value..Bass...Treble...Huge soundstage..The list goes on,!,,,and sold my CXC and would not want it back..and the audiolab and the AM3 SE are a match made in audio Nivana!...TRUTH! .....As always in audio and LIFE YMMV!!
HAHA...well done vassils...Like you I was one of the first to Jump on Vlads dac and had it upgraded to a different SE status...with the new power supply to the usb but went with the miflex Caps...and all the rest of the goodies...all i can say after owning the latest Yiggy 2 and the Holo Audio – Spring DAC – Level 3 / KTE...I would not ever go back to those very good Dacs...thats how much regard i have for Vlads SE Dac!...so anlog....detailed..ect..ect...TRUTH!!

Vlad has another "new Dac" that will hit sometime in the next 2 months...price will be $3500....we will have to wait but alot in this new dac ha to do with USB....Not sure what chip or "NEW" tube implation he will use...but sounds to me as a one man band who made a great reasonible dac is going for the golden egg.....my audio club will buy and give the most honest review....skeptical...too say the least

Grretings to all my audio Sistas and Brothers...My new Dac from Vlad was recevied on Early Janurary...Our club was very excited to get together with Other Dac’s....such as Vlads 3se...the latest Holo Dac..Sctitts revamed viggy and from poland there comparable Lampazator. to name a few..WE were planning a shoot out in early Feb when my wife became sick...and ended up with Veryl early stage 1 Breast cancer...well Suzie came thru with great strength and resolve...leading me to piggy back of her stength to Listen to Vlads Latest AMAZING Dac....so as our Lord gave us our beautiful Life(40yrs married) back i spent hous my self comparing his Latest to his 3se and a few other dacs and my 5k turtable rig....to put it balnk (a shoot out comming with our Pittsburgh Audio Heads will happen!),,this Dac is AMAZING!!...If you thought the 3rd se was great...well this will make your head do a 180 and ask your self how Krazy Good is Vlad with his musical Gig(Drummer like my self)...and a Golden ear and engineering audio designer...so run don’t walk to get this $3500 Dac that will keep you up deep into the Eve at a Price that is...how you say..Best Buy?...but much more detail to come as we get 2gether to rock all these Great Dac’s and shake them upside down...God Bless and PLEASE Hug and Let your Loved ones know how much you love them...Peace and staytuned!!