another headshell for Ortofon TA-110

The original headshell on the Ortofon TA-110 is 13.5 gr, the arm itself is 3.5 gr.
I will need to accomodate the arm for Colibri LWG which would benefit from arm between 8-14 gr.
So my question is - did somebody try a lighter headshell on TA-110 (or RS-212D)? How was the experience?
Thank you as always
avs9

Showing 4 responses by avs9

Louis, I checked with Ortofon asking about the eff mass of the RS-212D, the answer was 26gr. Is that correct? I assume this is with the headshell, is that detachable? And how heavy the arm itself without the headshell? I am trying to choose between the TA-110 and RS-212D.
Yes, Louis, I missed that one, it sounds like it is good option, thank you.
Anatoliy
Louis, I checked with Ortofon asking about the eff mass of the RS-212D, the answer was 26gr. Is that correct? I assume this is with the headshell, is that detachable? And how heavy the arm itself without the headshell? I am trying to choose between the TA-110 and RS-212D.
Thank you
Louis, one more if you please - on the supplier side - the NeedleDoctor has 'price coming soon' logo as of now. Do you know any other supplier in the US that has the price for the TA-110 already?
Thank you