Another Bi-Wire question, Denon AVR-1803

Well actually I got an AVR-883, but it appears to be the exact same receiver. Now my question is can I use the "Surround Back/Zone 2" to bi-wire my front speakers? I have a pair of Mission M73 speakers that are capable of being run in bi-wire mode. However this receiver does not appear to have a selection for A/B as I thought it did prior to purhcasing. So can I do this or not? And if it is possible will it improve my sound because it is not a A B assigned front channel.

Thanks in advance for your help.
commissar

Showing 1 response by john_z

Swampwalker is correct. Just use your main L/R speaker outputs on the receiver to bi-wire your Missions with the appropriate cable. You may be confusing "bi-wiring" with "bi-amping". If you want to bi-amp, you'll have to find out if your receiver allows you to reassign the "back surround/zone 2" amplifier channels to play standard stereo signals instead of just the effects derived with DSP processing.

My brother-in-laws Technics SA-DA8 allows you to do this, for example. Kind of a neat feature if you think about it. A good way to take advantage of those unused amp channels in a DD/DTS receiver while listening in stereo.