And the winner is--- 116, no wait it is the 121

So I thought since the 116 is priced a little to high for me and hardly shows up used on gon I would give the little brother a listen, the 121.
It was very very good, shockingly since I heard it before at a private home and didin't care for it, obviously a mismatch with either room or equipment.
So to those familiar with the mbl, I ask- should I stick it out and hope for a 116 to show up. I remember falling head over heels for the 116, there was nothing at all I desired more from the 116. The 121 is very good, but didn't give the same exact impression, is it possible with careful setup and subs added later on to get that same oh so awesome experience with the 121? The 101 also sound awesome to me.
By the way my present room is 11' x 15' kinda small for the 101 e's and I am not going to stick the 101 x's because it goes against my architects taste it'll conceal the curtains otherwise oh who am I kidding I couldn't even afford an architect but if I could I wouldn't have one because that would cut into my audionervosa spending and we can't have that.
pedrillo

Showing 1 response by kusina

Pedrillo
"Follow your bliss!," as one of the Wizards of Oz once said. You seem to most desire a pair of 116s, so why not wait to get what you really appear to want? And, as Gjrad suggests, check out the 111s in the meantime. A good part of the Audiophile experience is wanting rather than having!