Analogue-free system

I have had a TT since 1971, starting with a $99 AR table, then progressed to a couple of Thorens tables and then a SOTA Sapphire in 1984.  It was later upgraded to the vacuum platter.  With a SAEC 407 arm and Dynavector 20x2 HOMC, the sound for years was much better than any digital source I had. 
However, with the acquisition of an upgraded Oppo 103D a few years ago, less and less was I able to discern a superior sound with the TT.  Now, with the introduction of Tidal and Spotify, I find myself listening mostly to streaming music, as well as from jazz stations like KNKX and KCSM.  And of course my large CD collection.

It was the end of an era when the buyer picked up the SOTA rig this week, which has left me with a lot of fond memories of the decades I spent with the very fine analogue set up. I am perplexed that there is still so much interest in TT, but am aware that using a TT provides a more participatory audio experience than simply streaming music or storing all your music on music server.  Cheers, Whitestix
whitestix
Like @whitestix I was a longtime user of analogue sources. I made the transition to digital 6 years ago and never looked back. My transition to digital music has been nothing but very enjoyable. After I burned all my CDs I rarely ever played a CD again. I have 2 systems and my wife has one system. She has her library on her MacBook Pro and I have mine on my iMac. We use our iPhones or iPads as remotes to wirelessly stream our music to either an Airport Express or Apple TV, using the optical output into a DAC. It works seamlessly and over 6 years we have never had a dropout, freeze, or glitch of any kind. It always works. Even my 3 year old grandson can play his music on my wife"s system with his iPad.

Also we have never lost any playlists, artwork, or tracks. The only way i can imagine you could do that if you accidentally delete them. Of course you do have to back up everything just in case. Every time I burn a CD, I back it up to 2 separate external hard drives which takes about a minute each, so it is no big deal. 
Probably said this before. I've heard superb examples of analogue and digital including streaming. I think the real winners here are people who can enjoy all formats of music. JMHO.
As we get older our listening habits change but it shouldn't be either or. I'm actually on the opposite path. I have a mid-fi analog system that I'm gradually updating to enjoy my records more. But back to the OP, what really surprised me was you selling out your vinyl for a mid-fi piece like an Oppo 103D, upgraded or not. It would have been easier to understand if you'd heard and switched to something real high end but hey whatever makes you happy.
I’m among the listen to both camp. I listened only to vinyl most of my life. I still have a turntable and a few hundred Lps. I also have a lot of great music not available on vinyl. My digital sounds great too. To each his own.