Analog vs. digital

I’ve found that on my system the digital side is more finely etched than the analog side. Both sound great in their own way, but records just don’t sound so finely defined.
What is your experience?

128x128rvpiano

Vinyl vs. CD on my system is a toss up depending on record. Slightly different presentation, both fully satisfying. Streaming a grade below because I do it from android cell phone via wifi on tidal hifi due to lack of computer in house of stereo system. However, still plenty satisfying and a fantastic way to find out what I want to buy on CD or vinyl without throwing money away on crappy records! To think that only 3 months ago I thought I would never stream... I am now certain that a direct ethernet connection to a high tech router would bring it right up to the level of vinyl and CD.  BTW the bluesound node N130 was the catalyst for me vs. the zen which I quickly returned. 

It feel it depends on the source material. I have vinyl that will make the hair stand up on your neck. I also have digital files that will do the same. I also have both digital and vinyl that sound like crap! When you get your system tuned the way you like, it’s really about the source material. 

These type of general questions are never completely answered.  So much comes down to the phono stage and cartridge.  Any component can be altered to sound how you prefer it for your ears.  Resistors, capacitors, chokes, etc.

Vinyl CAN sound superior to anything digital but you'll have to spend a lot more to get to that level.  Then, a 180 gm record is about 3 or 4 times the price of one month of Qobuz.  

I have both excellent sacd player and transport dac combo, when I play sacd disc , I felt why did even invest good amount of money on analog? But when I played my analog set up, that’s when I feel there is a good reason why I like analog. I both like the format, but if have time to seat , I listen to my vynil.