Analog is obsolete pure digital not class D ...

So says Euro Technics roll out of SUG700m2 marketing hype of real breakthrough? Pick it up at 3:18. Later they speak to their phono section which has been expanded over the first gen. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDWSoRuweGg&t=362s&ab_channel=PanasonicEurope
scott22
The Voyager GAN amp has an exceptionally clean, clear, spacious and extended presentation of music.  However, though the bass is no slouch, some of my class A behemoths like the PassLabs X 250.5 and the Parasound A21+ have a bit more grunt on the low end.
Just to be clear, class D is an entirely analog process. It was proposed as a class of operation in the 1950s and the first commercial class D amps were made in the 1960s. 

True, Class D is analog, with a switching output.

Technics is calling theirs a pure digital amplifier and it’s hard to tell with what I’ve found how far they carry the digital part. We know it does A/D conversion, and DSP based speaker impedance correction.

What remains an open question to me (being poorly read) is whether the PWM that controls the output is using an analog feedback loop, like Class D, or whether it relies entirely on the feed-forward design to generate the PWM pulses. If the latter, then it is not Class D and it is IS pure digital.

There is a camp out there that says if an amp generates an analog signal it must be analog amp, and I will never ascribe to that definition. When 99.9% of the signal is manipulated by digital technology, it's a mostly digital amp, and we should call it such.
When 99.9% of the signal is manipulated by digital technology, it's a mostly digital amp, and we should call it such.
If its class D, it will be an analog circuit. But IIRC there is a class reserved for an amplifier that decodes directly from a digital source- class T.