An upgrade a long time overdue

I am thinking its time for some upgrades - like the whole system.  But its been so many years, and Boards like this have become so helpful and accessible, I am turning to the Pros as it were to seek some varied and hopefully passionate advice.  

Disclaimer - I tend to buy used as I have tastes that appreciate the A/B-class but have a D-class budget, so something that used to be $8,000 new that can be gotten for say $2200 now is right on the mark.  Of course it must still be relevant and likely remain so for the next couple of years.  But age doesnt matter otherwise....

I am currently running a bryston 2B (which itself was an upgrade from a Myryad T40), with a Cal Audio dac and dynaudio countour 1.8 floor-standing speakers.  this is the guts - i use a sony blue-ray player for the occasional movie, but mostly listening to music (which is all over the place, jazz, rock, opera, classical, etc, and more recently, the dreaded Pandora channeled through the phone and a input jack)

What research I have been able to do leads me to consider opening up the sound stage with something more mixed, like a conrad johnson pv14L as pre- and the ayre v5xe, and coming forward in the age of digital, considering something like the oppo 105 but i was also thinking the nad m50 / m52 combo instead of the oppo..........and lastly all this heard through (I'm thinking) vienna accoustics beethoven baby grands

so maybe the whole thing comes in at 8k - 10k?  can I achieve 80% - 90% of this for 5k? or less even?  Is my mixology fraught with disaster?  am I missing something obvious?  

i dont know what I dont know here so please weigh in 

thanks for your consideration and insights
jammer66
perhaps a gentle push-back....its not completely subjective.....

going back to the OP....i have Bryston 2B ss integrated now, with Dynaudio Contour 1.8  - i spent a lot of time picking the dynaudio over the likes of spendor, totel, thiel, klipsch, sonus, polk, and so on..... and the Bryston 2B was an upgrade purchase to a Myryad so really the english-dutch thing I guess.  Anyway the point is, I like the Contour-Bryston combo.  

Given the age of my system, and basic inability to really shine in today's digital media (ie thers nothing approaching 24/196 capability), changing the engine (sources and amplification) necessitates changing the vehicle (speakers).  So my quest starts by saying....besides dynaudio (the incumbent), who gets compared to dynaudio?  and since I am looking at used equipment,  listening to these challengers isnt really an option all the time, and given my hectic work schedule and travel, not practical.       

I am open minded, and in a different economic place than I was 15 yrs ago when I put the current system together.  So budget is to be practical without being excessive, rational (for the quality obtained) without being exuberant or naive.  I also dont want to fall into the trap of being penny wise and pound foolish.  Ie spending 6k because its 6k when 8k is not that much more but the results are significantly better.  

I am intrigued by the additional soundstage from introducing tubes (admittedly a close friend of mine was tube-manic and his excessive or obsessive tube searches was scary so I hid in SS land....but as you may have noted, I am tip toe-ing here with mixed tube-ss suggestions).  

I do not have experience with Vandys or with PMC, or with anything tube. So your input / perspectives are interesting and informative (very interested in the "why" you feel the way you do)....and I get that this is heavily dependent on personal taste.  I promise not to hold you accountable.  :)

With no other guidance I would likely go with something like  #7 or #8 above as I would stay with the Dynaudio speaker family and introduce tubes (comforted that being on the used market, the spread between purchase and sale if not to my liking is marginal) and the price point is better than #5 (BAT vs CJ).  Insert the Oppo 105 or the NAD M50 / M52 and away we go.  Maybe a MF or Rega turntable at some point in the future too....but lets not get ahead of ourselves.  hehe.

So - thats my story and I'm sticking to it.....
thanks again for your insights......
and if you havent read that source material in the link above I highly recommend it

You say this " Given the age of my system, and basic inability to really shine in today's digital media (ie thers nothing approaching 24/196 capability) " and to me it just doesn't make any sense. If you want to upgrade your source then upgrade your source. At that point you may decide your amp and speakers need to go, but you may now. Your current source is obviously your weak link, there are tons of great dacs and streaming devices out there many of them pretty affordable. Once you have a source you like evaluate again. Doing everything all at once just looking at stuff on paper and asking advice seems like a recipe for disaster. Take your time and if you can spend your money once and spend it right.
j - thanks and I appreciate your words of caution.  Since you know what I'm starting from, and potentially what I may be interested in going forward, what other sources would you suggest I consider

anyone else care to dare venture forward and comment on the combinations i proposed  
lets say $5k or less.  Sweet spot is likely in the $2 - 3k range (guessing).  I mean the Oppo is only $1500 I think..