An Objective Review of the Tekton Double Impact Speakers

128x128philbarone
🍿I just waiting for class action lawsuit.
 LoL not enough $$$$ in it. How many speaker do these guys sell? 
Not enough to make it worth a lawyer’s time.
Hmmm...millercarbon is suspiciously missing from this discussion.
He owns a pair of these. Maybe all those Synegistics Magic Dots
and magnetic mousepads cured them.
Thought he was in the middle of throwing $$$$ at the crossovers in those things. Fool and his money....
Pasting this from another forum... Isn't anyone familiar with this... people have speculated that Captain Moab of AG fame has been getting perks from Tekton, given his constant bloviating over them. Decide for yourself:

Again, not my words, just pasting....

"If the title is too editorialized on my part, I apologize.
This is from the review channel on Youtube called New Record Day. The reviewer's name is Ron. A good deal of this wacky drama is found in the comments. It kind of amounts to a "he said/he said" scenario, but as you scroll down Eric Alexander get more and more crazy with the situation. For those that don't want to watch the whole video or read all the comments, I'll try to summarize.

Apparently, Ron from New Record Day was provided with a sample of the Tekton Impact Audiophile tower speakers. He released one video of a multipart review and wasn't overtly kind in regards on certain points.
Now, according to Ron, this is where things went south, and where he makes an admission. According to him Eric Alexander approached him and there was some sort of deal on the part of Tekton to pay for this review. Eric hasn't addressed any part of it publicly. Also, according to Ron, Eric didn't like the treatment of the Impact Audiophile in the first part of the review, and stated he "was never going to sell any of that model now" and that maybe the whole review should just be called off. He also supposedly expressed the backlash "if anyone ever found out about the payment for the review". Ron seemed to take this as a threat to expose the nature of the deal. Ron also seemed to think the rest of the review should go forward. Meanwhile Eric pulled the Impact Audiophile model from the Tekton website. It gets more complicated from there on out, but, at this point Eric is claiming slander and malicious intent on the part of NRD and Ron. Later Eric states this was all and attempt to expose Ron's paid reviews...by creating a speaker, sending it to Ron for review, paying him, having him criticize it, pulling the model, and then making comments about it on his channel? It just seems far too bizarre of a scenario, as Eric defends the speakers at times and claims Ron was doing measurements wrong on purpose, and then later claims it was all a ruse to expose Ron. Nothing adds up here.

In any case, it's a mess. But I posted it to show one of the pitfalls of the modern internet based audio world. Tekton ONLY sells direct through their website. Reviewers often do get paid for their reviews in either straight money, or being allowed to keep the products they review. Youtube reviewers also often won't release a review of a product if they feel there are too many compromises to recommend it, which kind of begs the question of; how useful are reviews that are only praise? If a reviewer makes a critical review, it can often make companies leery of providing samples. One reviewer, NoAudiophile, has been so critical of many budget offerings that he's supposedly been outright blackballed by a number of manufacturers, and has to purchase or borrow any review samples himself."

Tekton Impact Audiophile Loudspeaker Review | Measurements and Final Thoughts - YouTube