An interview with Vinnie Rossi

The king is dead , long live the king

The older models are discontinued.  The Brama is coming.

I long to receive mine ( Integrated ).  My endgame audio gear .

128x128maxwave

Beautiful looking units.  Interesting to see how close they can make a solid state sound like a 300b SET?  Adjustable amplification?  Hmm.. I guess I wouldn't then need to own 8 different amps?  If space is your consideration and not money, this could be fun.  Their integrated is $39k.  Now that's a commitment.  I will have to search out for a listen.  This then creates another concern, is there a speaker that has adjustable sensitivity to adjust to how you are setting the amp?  I have always bought either the amp or speakers first and then bought the other to match, after lots of auditioning.  I guess with this, just find speakers you like and this amp can be adjusted to match. 

@auxinput

hi, I would like to have , your opinion . What do these specs , tell you.

I do not understand much about this  .
Vinnie Rossi Brama Integrated amplifier . I ordered one . Thanks

The power supply is the foundation of a high-performance audio component. Here is a teaser pic of Brama Integrated Amplifier power supply assemblies in the works:

• Custom-designed, 1750VA toroid transformer with dual-mono
secondary windings (for both L and R linestage & power output stages). Fully encapsulated in epoxy resin and shielded.

• 60-amp ultra-fast, soft-recovery diodes

• Belleson "SPX-VR" patented super-regulated power supplies for the L/R linestage sections and their 300B cathode heating.

• Separate, isolated power module for all control and gauge circuitry.

• Responsive and resilienty power supplies that continuously monitor the AC mains voltage (both under and overvoltage protection)

• Automatic reporting of diagnostics information to Brama Remote

These are pretty typical specs.  The only two things that would really be important is the 1750VA transformer, which tells us it is a really good size transformer for providing current for bass response.  The other thing is the use of Belleson SPX-VR regulators for the solid-state input stage.  The Belleson are discrete regulators which are better than the monolothic regulators such as the common 78xx / 79xx type.

None of this is really going to tel you what it sounds like, but the Vinnie Rossi looks to be a very nicely engineered piece.