AN-E-SPE-HE Advice

I have  moved and my audio room is smaller , 11.5 ft wide x 18 long ft x 7.3” ceiling.

I have Coincident Total Victory IV Loudspeakers but the width of the room is affecting the sound.

I have made corning acoustic tiles which help but the sound is not as good as it should be.

I am in the process of ordering AudioNote AN-E-SPE HE .

I have 4 usable corners and I feel the AN Loudspeakers will be a better match for my room.

The rear of the speakers will be parallel to the short wall.

I have Herron Preamp and Phono and was wondering if they mate well with AN Loudspeakers .

I also have (3) 300B amps , Frankenstein II ( 8 watts ), Wavelength Triton Blue ( 15 watts )and Canary 330 MK II ( 26 watts ) .

I know AN Loudspeakers sound best with AN Gear but if possible I would like to use my current gear if possible but if I need to sell it I will.

I am hoping to have a system that lets me enjoy the music and I have read many good things about AN Speakers.

Any suggestions about the AN Loudspeakers and associated gear will be helpful.

Thanks,

Enter your text ...
abill
Hi abill,
Congrats on your incoming speakers!  I just dropped a pair of AN/Jlx's into my system a few weeks ago. That's a great stable of amps you have and any one of them would probably be a nice match with your new E's. Don't get to hung up on having an all AN system any well designed tube amp will make your E's sing. I am driving my J's with PP EL34 stereo amp putting out 17 wpc in class A triode mode and they sound great together. Your Herron preamp and phono are very neutral sounding and should work just fine. Try experimenting with your various amps and see what combo sounds best to you.

My amp and preamp are both custom pieces made my Deja Vu Audio they are the AN dealer where I bought my speakers. One way to maybe bump up the level of synergy is with cables, I did pick up a pair of AN Lexus speaker cables, that's the same wire that's used in my J's internally. So perhaps look into trying a set of AN SPE speaker cables? The best advice I can give you really is once you get the speakers run them with the gear you already have and just get used to the sound. That will give you a better jumping off point for further changes. Good luck!
GIK acoustics. Contact them for advice and really much better performing products.

Best,

E

Jond ,

Thank you for the input .

I am hoping my herron pre and phono will sound good .

They sound very good with my Coincident speakers.

I will eventually sell one or two amps after the speakers burn in.

The Franks and Wavelength are my favorite amps with the coincidents.

I have a difficult anything .

The Total Victorys are nice sounding speakers but they need a little more room .

Erik,

Thank you for the suggestion but I made corner traps and side panels .

It improved the sound but the speakers are too large for the room .

If the room was at least a  couple feet wider I would keep them.

I think getting the best speakers for your room size is very important .