AMR CD-77 anyone tried rolling the tubes?

I was wondering if anyone has tried rolling the tubes in this player. If so, what was the result and what tubes did you try? Bob
128x128baranyi
I've not heard of anyone getting a player with Brimar EZ80, Mullard M8162 (12AT7) and GE 5687. I have heard many are now getting La Radio Technique (grey plates with mica spacers that have two small holes in them) labeled Brimar, GE 12AT7 and GE 5687 or the Tungsram EZ80, Mullard M8162, Philips 5687 set that I got. Remember, my player is from the second batch to enter the US, way back in July of 2007. The Brimar I am referring to is an actual Brimar EZ80 with black plates and clear mica spacers with large wholes in them. The grey plate La Radio Technique labeled Brimars are from the time after Brimar stopped making EZ80 and starting buying them and labeling them. The grey plate La Radio Technique is the same as the Amperex, the Pope, the Philips and the Valvo as they were all Philips owned companies like La Radio Technique and they shared the same source for the tubes.

Since my original posting I have had the player updated to 77.1 status (that was a big improvement on an already killer player) and put Bendix 6900 in the 5687 spot. The Bendix tubes are everything you've heard, and a great pairing with the player in Digital Master 1 (no digital filter).

jasonmcguire,

Sorry to come (a few years) late to the party, but after reading your post, I just replaced the stock 5687s in my CD-77.1 with Bendix 6900s, switched from Digital Master II to I, and it's easily the most natural digital I've ever heard. Just ordered some Brimar EZ80 black plates to replace the stock Brimar-labelled gray plates, hoping for further improvements. Thanks for the tip!

Richard