Amps for Martin Logan SL3

I'm looking to upgrade to a higher end used SS amp. My choices are Conrad Johnson MF2500, BAT VK200, Innersound electrostatic amp. Any of you SL3 owners own or compare these amps? I'm looking for a warm and non fatigueing sound with dynamics and great bass to make my SL3's wake up and come to life. I originally wanted to upgrade the preamp as well but $$$ is limited right now. My spending limit is $2K and my preamp is an Audio Research LS3. I appreciate the suggestions fellas.
rkc5666

Showing 1 response by musicman159

I have a pair of SL3 as front, a pair of Aerius i as rears and the Theater as center in my hometheater. All of them are runned by a Krell KAV1500 that gives me 600 watts per channel in 4 ohms and sound incredible, with a lot of detail, bass and control.
Before that I used a Aragon 8008X5 with 400 watts per channel and also did a very good. A little bit warmer sound than the Krell.
I think any of the ones mentioned by the rest of the people here are very good with the exception of the Sunfire. I will not go that way. I auditioned a pair of ReQuest with a Sunfire amp and they sounded harsh, really terrible. Then the amp was changed to a CJ 2500 and what a difference! That's when I got sold into Martin Logan speakers.
If you want a warm sound in my opinion you would not fail going with Classe or Conrad Johnson.