Amps for Klipschorn speakers

I am in the market for a tube power amp and pre amp to use with my 1980s Klipschorn speakers. I will be using a turntable as well as a CD player. I am a musician and have a studio that is good size where this stereo will be located. I like to sometimes play fairly loud although what I am really looking for is quality of sound on this system. For a budget maybe $3-$5000 on each piece. Used amps are fine with me. I listen to rock, blues, pop, etc. Right now, I have an old 70s Marantz 250 power amp with a Marantz 3300 pre amp hooked up to the Klips. I am a musician and not an audiophile so I know very little about good stereo equipment but I want to take a big step up in sonic quality. I appreciate the help as I am ready to acquire the amps. Thanks...
wemfan

Showing 2 responses by polk432

I ran Chorus, Forte, Quartets, Klipschhorns and other speakers with a McIntosh 7270 amp that sounded great and I finally sold it after 18 years when I moved to tubes. 7200, 7270, 7300 are all pretty good amps and you should be able to get one used at a good price. Johnny Winter will wake up the neighbors. Good luck.