Amps for KEF Blade 2

I am looking for advice from owners or dealers of the KEF Blade 2 loudspeakers. I am concerned my current pair of amps will not be sufficient for the B2s because of an article written about the original Blades published on July 5, 2013 in The Absolute Sound:

"The Blades have a nasty kick in their crossover that will suck an amplifier dry quicker than a student downing free tequila shots ... Just don’t be tempted to cheapskate on the driving amps, or you’ll live to regret it. Tube amps at least have an output transformer to hide behind, but when the Blades suck out a solid-state design, they celebrate by spotlighting their tweeter something chronic. To give you some idea of the lengths required, the otherwise excellent Rowland 625 [550 watts into 4 Ohms] wasn’t up to the job, it taking a pair of the 725 monoblocs [650 watts into 4 Ohms] to restore order. "

Are the Blade 2s just as demanding as the original Blades in terms of amplification? I would guess not due to the smaller 6.5 inch woofers, but this is just an uneducated guess. I own a pair of Benchmark AHB2 amps, which according to the manufacturer produce “a little over 500 watts into 4 Ohms”. Will this be enough?
e91811

The amp I am looking at if I ever get space for the Blades is the new KRELL KSA-400i. I never heard it and it is very expensive. However, I own the KRELL XD175 and this new amp is priced 5x more than my amp, has great power, and the same plus more features as my amp.

There was a review in Tone (I think) of the Blade by Roy Gregory (sp?) and he described his journey with power and the Blades. He needed more power than he initially tried.

My KRELL Dou 175XD likely is under powered for the Blade. The new KSA-400i, is not and it likely sounds like an even better version of the 175XD.

I sold my CODA #8 today after reading about the new KRELL. I was originally thinking of using the CODA with a future Blade.

There's nothing wrong with trying as many combos as possible b4 deciding. My 4 hour demo overnight has me really pumped about the h590, It isn't subtle though. everything on the recording will be presented in a sensory overload condition. Maybe like my 1290 sdr some throttle control will let me appreciate some of the finer things the hegel does, but right now the way the blade throws a 'stage and the thrust from the 590 make everything sound very real, I After hearing the h360 on the blades I would pass the h390 by and go straight for the 590 for the blade. it's worth it, in fact if I couldn't afford the h590 I would sell the blades and down size to something my h360 could manhandle, again. going to usam to remove my listing now.

Well I have a big update re my two week old Blade2: just sold my NAD C298 and bought the Sanders Magtech beast amp. Had the Mag 3 days now. Just ordered a better power cable; my current options here aren't heavy duty enough for it I reckon.

But in the meanwhile: sweet jebus. Anyone else ever heard this combo? 

I've  been enjoying the h590 with the blades, but audiotroy have me interested in the T&A gear. I don't have a local shop that carries the brand so no way to home demo, and the h590 does an impressive job of controlling the speakers.

I have heard the T+A HV gear that he is referring too. It is warmer than the Hegel gear. More like my KRELL XD amp but with more power. I heard it with Wilson top end speakers. It sounded great.

I bought a second Benchmark AHB2 for 1 on my systems (maybe future Blade) last week. I am debating between using current KRELL 175XD, current Benchmark AHB2 monos, or buy one of the following, CODA #16, Rotel Michi M8 monos, or the new KRELL KSA i400 amp.

Most likely upgrade the 175XD for KSA i400 

This is going to be step 1 though only with 2 monos.

Kef blade meta quad amped with benchmark ahb2. - Imgur