Amps for Avalon Osiris CAT JL3, Boulder 2060, Dart

I recently purchased Avalon Osiris and am considering what amps to use with them. I purchased a pair of Levinson 436's as a stop gap just to have an amp that could drive them while I saved for a better amp. I am using Stealth cables throughout (Indra IC's, Dream PC's and Dream SC's).
My preamp is CAT Ultimate MK2 (line only) with NOS Amperex PQ's. My DAC is Audiologic 24MXL and CEC TL2 transport. I am open to other amps than the three listed above but am leaning toard solid state or hybrid. I am trying to avoid space heaters. Some other amp considerations are VTL Sigfreid, Tenor 300's ...
posbwp555

Showing 1 response by rushton

Hodelrecords, since you may consider Atma-Sphere amps, I thought I'd chime in. The Atma-Sphere MA-2s have no trouble here driving the bottom end of my Avalon Eidolons. They have proven to be a great combination with excellent control, speed and agility. Of course, I can't comment on how they might work with the Osiris, but the Eidolon's 4 ohm nominal (3.5 ohm minimum) impedance is simply not a problem for the MA-2, a superb combination all around.