Amps Atma-Sphere M-60 Mono blocks OTL design

I just purchased a used OTL Atma-Sphere M-60 mono blocks that I have sent to Atma-Sphere to be upgraded to the current model 3.3 and I also added the option of a higher quality power supply and V caps.

I have sold my old trusted Eggleston Andra 2’s speakers and have built some monitors using Aurum Cantus ribbons (102db) and Aurum Cantus midwoofers (90db) that are both rated as 8 ohm nominal. I have a DEQX Premate and will be crossing over to (2) JL Audio F-113 subs at 80hz.

Currently I am using a solid state high power stereo amp (Pass Labs) that I used with the Andra 2’s.

The Atma-Sphere M-60 is rated at 60 watts class A and is said to work better with higher impedance loads.

It will probably be a few weeks until I get the M-60 and was hoping someone could provide opinions of what to expect.

I listen to late 60 early 70’s classic rock music mostly. Sometimes loud.

ozzy

128x128ozzy
Thanks to charles1dad and ozzy,

I, too, spoke to Ralph.  I hope I won't misquote, but he told me that the cap upgrade would improve transparency and that the power upgrade would improve smoothness at higher volume levels.  He said that the Caddock resistors would reduce "electronic haze".  I don't know if there is anyone else out there who could post about actual related experience.

Ozzy, I'm looking forward to you posting about your own listening experience.

Mark
As an owner of 'vanilla' MA-1's, I can say they exceed all my expectations. I can hardly believe that he can 'improve transparancy' or 'smoothness'. But, now you got me thinking maybe I should....
Bob

Finally got the Treo's installed and with the Atma-Sphere amp and pre, they sound wonderful.

Well it seems that my used M-60's that are at Atmasphere getting updated to the current model did have the power supply upgrade and the V-Caps previously installed. However, the V-Caps were the tin foil version not the latest version with copper. So, I still decided to go with the latest copper version, but I asked for the tin foil caps to be returned with the unit.

Looks like it won't be shipped out till next week. Darn...