Amplifiers:A Keeper for Life. Do you know of one ?

Just wondering, with this audio merry-go-round of buying and selling, if anyone has an amp that will be a keeper for life. I haven't yet but came verrrry close once...
sonicbeauty

In regard to   pavpet post on 04-09-2015 .....

" " WYETECH labs 211 ok if you like non existent service ,plus build quality poor poor cheap $70 output transformers " "

This was not a production unit. It was a prototype built for test purposes. Peter was dishonest in not pointing this out and later tried to sell it for many times the price he paid for it, passing it off as a genuine production product.

AS FOR SERVICE ...

This unit had defective power transformers that were replaced by me in both monoblocks for free. These transformers had to be redesigned by my supplier and those new ones were the ones I replaced in his units. That's why there called prototypes, to iron out any bugs in the design.

Be careful trusting everything you read on forums and especially be wary of any product sale that seems too good to be true as in the case of Peter trying to sell these amps for three times what he paid for them and about half the price of the production units.

Best of luck in your audio adventures,

Roger Hebert - Owner of Wyetech Labs

Yes! I love the Atma Sphere amps! Had them many years! Ralph is always up to something good! goldenears
Hello,

Iv'e been blessed to have owned,enjoyed and sold a ton of really good gear over a 30 yr period.

The only Amp I will keep for life though is My Yamamoto A09,which is a 300b set.It took me forever to find one and the upgrades and the initial cost have me thinking I will keep it.I presently use it powering Zu Def 4's in my smaller 2nd system which is a excellent pairing for me.

Lots and lots of really outstanding gear out there nowadays and us audiophiles certainly get the upgrade itch from time to time.

Enjoy the music no matter what you have,

Kenny.
Really happy with my Ayre V-5XE.  I'm VandyBoy, and pretty sure it would continue to do well even if I ever upgrade from my 3a Sigs.