Amplifier Recommendation for B&W Nautilis 804

I currently have N804's driven by Musical Fidelity a3CR amp and preamp. While I like the sound, I am finding the combo a bit lacking in weight, particularly in the bottom end. I'd like to see a little more punch in the music without losing detail that the a3 is known for. The A3cr is 125 watts into 8 ohms, and the 804's are rated from 50-200 watts into 8 ohms. I would spend up to 3000 for a noticable improvement.

Does anyone have a similar setup and/or any suggestions? Thanks.
jeffsel

Showing 3 responses by jeffsel

Are plinius amps widely available in the US, so that I can have a listen?

Also, has anyone tried the N804 with the bryston 4bsst?
Thx for all your ideas. I cannot put larger speakers in my room, so a couple of questions:

Mrwigglerm, did you try other amps (ie more power, known for weight like Bryston, etc)and not get results?

If anyone has used a REL sub, once you set it up, do you get consistent sound or do you have to keep adjusting it?

Also, unfortunately, I don't have room to bi-amp. The 804s have two woofers in them. How much power do you need to drive them at the same levels as the mid/tweeter?

Thanks for your help!
Thanks for all the feedback. Actually, the weight or bass is great on some recordings, but a little week on others, so I'm not sure of a speaker problem for my tastes. I think I'm going to try a little harder driving amp, like the plinius, maybe classe, and maybe bryston.

Anyone heard the 804s with a Bryston or Classe?