Amplifier for B&W 705 S2

Looking for an amp to match my B&W 705 S2 using a Dennafrips Ares II DAC directly into the amp.  Everything I listen to will be Total Premium streamed through a Node 2i..

I have tried a Parasound A23 and a Classe AMP2 Class D amp.  I like the power, detail, precision, and speed of the AMP2 but it can be a bit bright and/or harsh on some cuts. It may have a bit too much precision but I'm not sure.  The Parasound was OK but seemed to be a bit dull. I primarily listen to 70-80s rock (especially Pink Floyd and Supertramp) and listen quite loud in a small room.

I like to buy used equipment (or heavily discounted) and would like to keep the expenditure below $3000.  
chinook9
The B&W S2 series has a new carbon tweeter than can be a bit bright/harsh at times.  I can see where the Classe AMP2 gave you somewhat of a bright/harsh sound.  The Classe is more transparent.  The Parasound is voiced just slightly on the warm side of neutral, so I can also see how it sounds a bit dull.  A couple possibilities come to mind:

There's a Krell Digital Vanguard Integrated on ebay auction right now.  I'm not sure where it will bid to, but the auction ends in less than 2 hours.  The newer Krell amps use a sliding bias Class A circuit.  They are very smooth sounding, but with more forgiving high frequencies.  They are definitely not high frequency monsters, so it could smooth out those harsh characteristics, but still be more exciting than Parasound.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Krell-Digital-Vanguard-Integrated-Amplifier-Spotify-Roon-Ready-ESS-Sabre-DAC/353083165649?hash=item5235658bd1:g:VqAAAOSwoXZegj7w

Another option is Nord Acoustics amps.  Such as Nord Three SE 1ET400A MKII Dual Mono Stereo Amp.  These have special "Rev D" input boards where you can swap out different op amps.  I would say try first with their option of Sparkos Labs SS2590.  Make sure you DO NOT get the silver-plated wire option.

https://www.nordacoustics.co.uk/product-page/nord-three-se-1et400a-dual-mono-stereo-amp

If it's still too harsh, pull out those SS2590 op amps and put in some normal Sparkos Labs SS3602.  The SS3602 is the standard DIP8 op amps and they have an incredibly clean and smooth sound, but with just very slightly rolled off highs.  It will still be much more exciting that the Parasaound.
There's a set of Nord N1200 monoblocks on audiogon for sale if you're interested:

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lisa211j-nord-acoustics-nord-one-se-nc1200mb-special-edition-mono-...

If you're interested, you will want to ask him what input buffer board this comes with.  If it comes with a "Rev A" input board, then you're golden because these can use any of the op amps available.  If it has the "Onboard NC1200 Module", I would advise you to avoid this because there is no option to swap out op amps.

Also, the guy is asking pretty much retail price, so I would make an offer at least 25% less.
Marantz Reference level Integrated will be a good match like the PM 14S1 or a RUBY KI would be excellent with those.  
Maybe a higher power Naim integrated would be a fine choice.  
Wow... if I ever read a post begging more for a vintage Mcintosh SS amp I’m not sure when. But your experimentation with Parasound and Classe suggests you already eliminated that option, I think? 
Another option is Nord Acoustics amps. Such as Nord Three SE 1ET400A MKII Dual Mono Stereo Amp. These have special "Rev D" input boards where you can swap out different op amps. I would say try first with their option of Sparkos Labs SS2590. Make sure you DO NOT get the silver-plated wire option.
Hey Auxinput, I just ordered a Nord Acoustics amp, and I opted for the silver-plated wire option... why was that a mistake?

Thanks!
There’s a McCormack DNA 0.5 here with several SMcAudio Revisions for $1250.  Plenty of power for your speakers along with a high level of refinement, and you could send to Steve for further upgrades if you want even more and still be within your budget.  Best of luck. 
I generally shy away from silver plated wire because I have found it is artificial sounding.  Many people like silver.  I was just recommending against it for chinook9 because he didn't like the brightness from his B&W speakers.