Amplifier Experience Gryphon Pass Lamm BAT

After living with a small integrated amp for quite some time (Pathos) I am finally about to take the plunge and buy myself a large power amplifier with a matching preamp. (Speakers are WB Chimeras)

I am focussed mostly on class A amps amd prefer a neutral sound erring on the warm side. After having lived with Pathos for a while I am looking for someting more powerful than most tube amps.

The brands and models I have narrowed it down to are:
- BAT VK52SE+ 2x BAT VK600
- Pass Labs XP-20 + XA160.5 Monos
- Lamm L2 Reference + Lamm M1.2 Reference Monos
- Gryphon Mirage + Antileon Signature Stereo

All models are used or ex-demo equipment I could get a good price on hence if some manufacturers (Krell, mbl etc.) are not included this is because there is either no opportunity or I excluded them for some other reason.

The above are listed according to price I could get them at with the BAT being quite a bit cheaper and the other three being quite close.

I will not be able to compare any of the above in the same room, etc so I would be grateful for any direct experience people have in comparing the above!
hamburgcity

Showing 2 responses by flg2001

I have owned Gryphon, Pass and Lamm, the later is for me the less coloured and honest sounding of the pack
Indeed Hamburgcity, I had several Gryphon and really liked their organic, dynamic and powerfull presentation, Pass were fast and transaprent, Lamm were more neutral, velveted and tonally correct. You can't go wrong with neither of thiese excellent options.

Regards,