Amperex "Bugle Boy" tube compatibility

I need to replace a vacuum tube in a pre-amp section of the integrated amplifier as the previous tube Beijing 6N11 went bad. The Amperex "Bugle Boy" ECC83/12AX7 tube has the same pin layout as Beijing 6N11 tube. According to description on Amazon the Beijing 6N11 may be used instead of ECC88, E88CC, 6922, 6DJ8, 6922 and 7308. Would it be okay to use Amperex "Bugle Boy" as a substitute to Beijing 6N11 tube?

esputnix
So I am to believe  that all text books / instruction manuals/ etc... are written in one sentence.   Dover do you know the real differences  between the 2 tubes.  Also did  you know the differences  between say 6922 vs 6dj8.  If you are so concerned about the OP maybe you should inform him of the real differences  between the tubes mentioned.

I also think if the OP is going to open up the amp and pull out the soldering  gun he might have do  his homework.  This would include knowing voltage and current of the filament.  The b+ and current of the tube.  The gain and impedance of the tube. A hook up diagram etc...

Enjoy the ride
Tom
Agree with the above, don't use a 12AX7 type in a 6DJ8 circuit.  Amperex made wonderful Bugle Boy 6DJ8s, I would look for them.

The 6n11 has different heating current and is louder on HF than a ecc88. If you want to replace the tube in a 6n11 circuit, without dulling down the treble, then a probable is a 6n1p and not an ecc83.

G

Dover, Now I should be responsible if someone doesn’t read the entirety of one of my posts? Especially as in this case I have already stated in no uncertain terms that the proposal is a no-go, for two other compelling reasons? I think I have always been courteous to you, even when on the odd occasion I have disagreed with advice you’ve given. I am actually rather shocked at your vitriol, which seems uncalled for, if not also ridiculous. By the way, the fact is that you CAN run a 12AX7 off a 6.3V filament supply, in case that’s what you are so enraged about.  When running the filaments off a 12V supply, the filament supply attaches to pins 4 and 5, which lights up both halves of the tube with the respective filaments in series.  Pin 9 is left open.  If you are using a 6.3V supply, you use pins 4 and 9 for one half and pins 5 and 9 for the other half of the dual triode.  This is a unique feature of the 12AU, T, Y, and X7 dual triodes.