Amp upgrade over BAT VK-500??

Hello All, Now I've gone and done it. I've upgraded to a point that I'm not sure where I should go next. Here's my system: Sonic Frontiers T3/P3, BAT VK-50SE, BAT VK-500, Dynaudio Confidence 5s with Nordost Quattro Fil ICs and Cardas Golden Cross Speaker Cables. I love the sound, but I suspect that the VK-500 is now the weak link in the system. Are there any amps in the $5k range (used) that I should be looking at or should I just throw in the towel now? I have a large room and the C5s require a lot of juice. Thanks.
metaphysics

Showing 2 responses by fmpnd

I second the Lamm M1.1s suggestion. I too had a BAT VK-500, a pair of Plinius SA-100s a cj and Macormack DNA before getting the Lamms. It bettered all of them - most by a large margin. My speakers (Hales T8s) neeed juice too. FWIW, I too have the SFI T3/P3, a Hovland HP-100 and SFI Line 3, all Nordost cabling (Quattro fil and SPM Ref speaker cable - soon to be Valhalla), a Magnum Dynalab 102 and and a VPI TNT-V. You MAY want to try the SPM speaker cables - I had Cardas Golden Cross before the SPM and the difference in MY system was NOT subtle. The Cardas sounded slow, thick and rolled off in comparison - just a thought - YMMV!
Dtwomey, we were NOT bashing the BAT, but Metaphysics WAS asking about and UPGRADE to the BAT and, since he was already going to spend around $5k used, Acuujim accurately pointed out that for about $2k more he could have the Lamms. After all, we ALL know that the higher up you go in price, the smaller the incremental improvement, if at all, over the previous price point.