Amp suggestions for $1000

OK, thought I’d do some crowdsourcing here on Audiogon to jumpstart my search for a new amp. My current system sounds pretty good to me, so I’m not really looking to solve a problem as much as I’d like to have some fun experimenting. I’m very happy with the preamp, and speakers are too difficult/expensive to ship, so I thought test-driving some amps would be the best & easiest way to try something different. Here’s what I’m working with:

* Current amp > PS Audio Trio A100 (compact ICE Power model rated at 100W)
* Speakers > Reference 3A MM DeCapo i (stand-mounted monitors with pretty high sensitivity @ 92dB, 8-ohm load, 120W rms)
* Preamp > Bel Canto Pre3
* Source > Logitech Transporter streaming lossless files
* Also > REL T1 subwoofer in the system

I listen mostly to rock, jazz and a fair bit of acoustic/vocal stuff. A little bit of classical but that won’t be a factor in my selection process. I’ve never owned a tube amp, but am not averse to trying them out.

Since I’m approaching this as an “experiment,” I’m planning to focus on used gear so I can potentially try a few things and sell them on if I decide to keep looking. Working budget is $1000.

That’s all I can think of to share…Now fire away with any questions or suggestions! And thanks in advance.
tlhiii

Showing 1 response by audiolabyrinth