Amp suggestion for Speaker Art Clef $1000 Budget

I am fairly new to Audiogon and this is my first posting. I have recently purchased these speakers and I am looking for an amp with a fairly high damping factor to drive them. My preamp for now is a peachtree nova streaming Sonos for a very simple setup until more funds allow for future upgrades. Can any current or former Clef owners make a suggestion? Thanks.
chrshanl37

Showing 2 responses by rmenergy

I own a set myself and give them 150w/ch from a B&W. Bob lives down the street and uses a variety of amplifiers from class d JVC's & Wyred 4 Sound monoblocks to 50w/ch class A's. I've found that if using solid state just make sure it's a good unit with headroom. Call Bob if you want to know about the class A that he recommends if you are interested in that route.

Hope this helps a bit because I've found that most good units work fine.
Haha!!! I just noticed that I had a typo in my response to you. My current amplification is a B&K not B&W. BTW, I use an AVR507 as well on these so that's a bit funny.

I will say that Bob's upstairs room with Super Clefs and a 500w Wyred 4 Sound monoblock to each is one of the nicer systems I've ever auditioned price not withstanding(I'm unable to recall the rest of the components so sorry on that).

Good luck to you but I doubt you will need it with these very versatile speakers.