Amp recommendations with a budget of $675 to mate with...

Hi All, 

I'm looking for some solid recommendations on power amps (used of course) with a max budget of $675 (maybe $700) that will sound great with Vandersteen 2C speakers and a Theta Miles CD Player (balanced version). Cabling is DH Labs Q-10 and Air Matrix. I also have custom Mogami (by 10-Audio.com) speaker cables & interconnects. The Mogami is a copper stranded cable, whereas the DH Labs is silver-coated copper stranded, so perhaps one type will be a better match in the end? 

I'm going to be using the Miles direct with the power amp with analog volume. I used to have a Miles (non-balanced version) some time ago and loved the sound as well, so I decided to get another (balanced version this time) and mate a power amp direct. The sound I am looking for is smooth, balanced sound. I like deep, defined bass that has impact when called for.  

I am planning on checking out a McIntosh MC-502 a local audio friend of mine is selling. I can take the Miles with me for a direct audition. If the 502 doesn't get it done, the only other amps I thought about right now is an Aragon 2004 mkII, McCormack DNA 0.5 or perhaps something like an Audio Refinement Multi-2. I read somewhere the Adcom GFA-5800 (not 5802) is a nice sounding unit. In fact, I think someone from Theta Digital mentioned the 5800 was especially good. However, I'm not certain I need 200wpc. As for power, I think anything in the 50-150wpc range is more than enough.

My system is in a 2nd bedroom that I use exclusively for my listening room. The main space is approx 12x14 and has a 5x5 non-tapered ceiling dormer area. The Vandys sound great in that space and I have them set-up according to the math in the owner's manual.  

As always, thanks for the input. 
JSB
jsbach1685
Schiit is launching their new Vidar amp soon, they said Q1 of 2017 so they are a little late but it should be out any time.  The reason I suggest this is because of their return policy.  Might be worth giving it a shot.  
I bought a Freya pre from them and ended up returning it with no issues. 
Of those you listed, I only have experience with Audio Refinement and wouldn't hesitate to recommend that as well, 
Years ago I used Threshold and Forte with the 2c’s and they sounded great! They were both FET designed amps!
The NuPrime STA-9 might fit the bill. Depending on where you buy it you get 30-45 days to try it.

I've been using the NuPrime IDA-16 for the past two weeks and have been verY pleased with it. Great build, functionality and sound. Good luck with your search.

http://http//www.nuprimeaudio.com/index.php/products/amplifiers-and-preamps/stereo-amps/sta-9.html

Cheers,

Scott
The Adcom's are great pieces. I still have my 555. It definitely has served me well. I used it while my DNA-1 was in for upgrading. 
McCormack would be my next choice. The best part is that it can be upgraded by SMc Audio for higher resolution as well as balanced output.
I am in the process of getting DNA-1 monoblocks for my Vandy Treo's. Pat, at SMc knows I am currently running Atma-Sphere MA-1's and swears that his upgrades will match and better my Atma's. We'll see. 
Those MA-1's are the best amps I have ever heard.
In any case, if you want to try an Adcom 555, I can lend it to you.
Bob