Amp recommendation for B&W 801 Matrix SII speakers

I recently acquired a set of B&W 801 Matrix SII speakers. I am looking to acquire both an amp and a preamp to match up with the B&Ws. These speakers are very inefficient so I need something with lots of power. I am guessing 350 watts at least. I have really got power amp on my mind first with a budget of $5000-$10000 or thereabouts. I want something new or no more than a couple of years old.

I currently have a MAC pre C2300, MC275 amp and Klipschorn speakers. This is a system that I really like but I am thinking with the B&Ws I probably will want to go SS state on the power amp. The MC275 is not a good match for the B&Ws. Needing a lot of watts probably takes me out of tube territory. I am not an audiophile so i really don't know what all is out there.

Some amps that interest me are:

Pass Labs X350.8 $13500
Pass Labs X250.8 $9600
Mcintosh MC452 $7500

Thanks for the help....
wemfan

Showing 1 response by vegasears

You may want ti add Classe and VTL amps to your list. I've used both with my B&W 801 S-3's. I spent 6 months listening to Classe CAM 350 and VTL 300 amps. Each amp never lacked the power to drive my 801's. Both are quality product from well respected companies.