Amp recommendation for B&W 801 Matrix SII speakers

I recently acquired a set of B&W 801 Matrix SII speakers. I am looking to acquire both an amp and a preamp to match up with the B&Ws. These speakers are very inefficient so I need something with lots of power. I am guessing 350 watts at least. I have really got power amp on my mind first with a budget of $5000-$10000 or thereabouts. I want something new or no more than a couple of years old.

I currently have a MAC pre C2300, MC275 amp and Klipschorn speakers. This is a system that I really like but I am thinking with the B&Ws I probably will want to go SS state on the power amp. The MC275 is not a good match for the B&Ws. Needing a lot of watts probably takes me out of tube territory. I am not an audiophile so i really don't know what all is out there.

Some amps that interest me are:

Pass Labs X350.8 $13500
Pass Labs X250.8 $9600
Mcintosh MC452 $7500

Thanks for the help....
wemfan

Showing 1 response by czarivey

Try risk free Crown XLS4000. It's pro audio amp capable of delivering clean and detailed sound with gobs of power for 801's. To my tastes it's definitely better runner vs. McIntosh 452 and it's small fraction of the price of all above mentioned with money back from most of pro audio dealers.
There's also a discussion here about downgrading to pro-grade and remaining super-happy with performance and built quality.
Sounds crazy ($800 amp for $10k speakers), but worth trying