Amp recommendation for AKG K1000's headphones?

I recently gave into temptation & picked up a pair of AKG K1000's. I've wanted a pair for ages & with their retirement there was no time like the present. Now comes the interesting part of finding an amp that pairs well with them :)

But before making the leap into uncharted territory [for me] I was curious what amps might be worth an audition? To level-set -- ideally this will become a dedicated headphone rig, so the scope of this decision doesn't need to account for synergy with my existing front-end gear.

Thanks in advance for your consideration.
bish

Showing 2 responses by swampwalker

Give us a budget. I have used several amps. I liked the Audiovalve RKV at that price point, but eventually sold if for the Cary 300 SEI integrated, which is awesome.
Right now listening to my k1ks driven by the Cary 300 sei. Eddie from Ohio on the AA Prima. Nice tight bass, plenty of detail, lucious vocals, good hf extension. 3 inputs and its an integrated of course. Can also use it w/headphone jack for Senns if you have them, too. Highly recommended at its used price of around $2k. I also had good luck with a Cary 2a3 integrated, but its bigger size and much higher heat output (4 power tubes and dual tube rectifiers) it didn't work as well in my office.