Amp - preamp or integrated

This topic has appeared in the past but I like to hear audiophile suggestions specially if they honest. I currently have the Rogue Chronus Magnum II. With Vandersteen 2 sig. Soon I will sell the house and will have some extra $ for upgrades. I have 4 questions:

Is the amp/ pre amp a better way to go than integrated? Two choices Rogue and Parasound.
Is the mono blocks / preamp an even better way to go?
If I decide to go with mono blocks, due budget considerations , I will be looking at used or an small company/audio engineer where I can keep the cost under 3000. If I go with a small company product, how do I know it is a good quality prod. Vs big companies like Rogue etc?

All your comments to all or any of my questions is highly appreciated. Thanks
128x128lobinero
One more thought to add, I know many audiophiles (myself included) that have gone the entire gamut of what you have asked and have made changes in their systems simply to try something different, the need to experiment or perhaps boredom.
Thanks lak3497. Your response make sense. I know of some good integrated amp but very expensive. I will probably go toward amp/ pre amp .
Pardon my ignorance, but how can I connect any sub(rythmik or REL) to the Rogue CM if there is no sub amplification. I dont understand what is to go line level?
If you buy a sub that's capable and has speaker level inputs (binding posts) then you connect it to your Rogue's speakers terminals along with your main speakers.  Simple way is to use whatever terminal type that is the opposite of your main speaker cables.  I use spades for the mains and bananas for the subs. 
It is so complicated, because there are many good options.
I think this really boils down to what kind of an audiophile are you going to be? Can you find 1 piece of gear you are going to love and stick with for years, or are you going to buy, and keep thinking about equipment for the rest of your life?
If the latter, separates are your ticket to constantly comparing, upgrading and tweaking. If the former, an integrated is the way to go assuming your speakers are a good match.

Best,
E