Amp/ preamp for electostatics and why

I would like to get some ideas on what amp and preamp sound best with electrostatic speakers and does the brand of the speaker make a difference? Do they like high current or high voltage better? I am running a pair of Martin Logan SL3's with a pair of PSE Studio V monoblock's and a BAT VK-30 pre right now but would like to play with the sound. also wondering about changing tubes in the pre.
ikonetic
The Manley Snapper monoblocks have balanced inputs, sound wonderful, and match great with the BAT preamps. I use the VK-42se with mine and have a friend that uses the VK-51se with his. They are easy to bias, takes all of about 5 minutes.
Rrog, do you mean you are surprised that I recommended one of our used amps rather than a new one? Its true that I avoid direct recommendation of our products, even when I think the recommendation is warranted. However ESLs together with OTLs have a history that goes back to the very first ESLs. In this case the desire was for a monoblock balanced tube amplifier to work on an ESL...

BTW a good number of older/smaller ARC amps benefit from the use of ZEROs as well. I've seen that with ARC and ESLs a number of times.

ESLs for the most part are driven better by tubes if their impedance is manageable for the tube amp. Its seems to me that a number of ESL manufacturers are trying to increase their market share by reducing the impedance of their speakers, to make them work better with transistors. The problem here is that transistors will sound bright on ESLs, due to the difference in impedance from the highs to the lows, which can result in as much as a 5x or 6x difference in power! So IMO ESL manufacturers that take this tack are shooting themselves in the foot by cutting off the technology (tubes) that works best with their speakers.

for more information see
http://www.atma-sphere.com/papers/paradigm_paper2.html
With my SL3s I'm running a Melos MA-333 Reference preamp along with Muse Model 300 monoblocks and enjoying it. I guess the Melos is a type of hybrid using four 6922 tubes. Works for me.
I tried to look for the M-60's but they do not come up when I type in Atamsphere. Also , when I look at most of these suggestions the prices would be way out of my range. If I could sell my amps for $800-900 I could maybe come up with another $1000 so price would have to be $2000 or under. I looked at the Quicksilver's and VTL's and the price is right but they don't have balanced connections. I know I once saw a pair of Sonic Frontiers tube mono's that ran over 100 watts and had balanced connections that ran $2500 but I haven't seen anything like that lately. I also don't want to use autoformer's, I am more of a proponent of the less in the signal path the better.
Ikonetic, I just search on 'atma', that's the easiest. FWIW the autoformers will have less in your path than a conventional output transformer-coupled amp will and there is a version that essentially replaces your speaker cables.