Amp/ Pre-amp options for B&W 602 S3s + Bi-wire?

Noobie here to the forum, and to the world of "high-end" audio (although technically, you guys probably wouldn't classify B&W DM602 S3s as "high-end").

At any rate, I am purchasing a pair of the B&W DM602 S3 speakers for my office and I need some expert advice on possible pre-amp/amp combinations (in a reasonable price range, as well as advice on whether or not to bi-wire, and finally, on what would be reasonably priced cables to connect it all to get all these speakers are capable of producing.

I realize, after doing some significant research, that I can spend more on cables than I did on components, but that's not going to happen in this scenario.

So here's what I'd like some help with...if YOU were going to put together a mid-range(priced) amp/pre-amp system, or even an integrated amp or bi-wire set up...what would you choose? What cables would you suggest? Does Bi-amping speakers in this price range make a significant difference? Do you have to use two amps to bi-amp, or can you use a mutli-channel amp?(yes, I told you I was new to this arena...it's okay to laugh!)

I do have an Anthem TLP1 Preamp and a Parasound Halo A23 that I picked up about a year ago when I began this process (before I bought the speakers)...but none of this gear has been hooked up...I would deeply appreciate any suggestions you pros might have...thanks!
clay49

Showing 1 response by carl109

If you haven't bought the amp yet, perhaps stray towards a more clinical sounding amp. I have a pair of 602 S3's powered by a NAD c320 amp, and find the sound just on the ok side of being too warm.
The same amp through my old Infinity monitors was quite bright, so I think the speakers themselves are quite warm-sounding and might benefit from a brighter sounding amp.
Happy listening!