amp platform suggestions...

I was thinking of using some granite with some Herbies Iso-Cup/Lampblack Ball between teh granite and the amps. What are your thoughts?
128x128jtwrace

Showing 1 response by zephyr24069

All materials have sonic signatures/attributes of one form or another be it granite, maple block, epoxy, etc....Granite in and by itself does have undesirable sonic attributes.

Adona Corporation addresses this and makes beautiful, sonically friendly amp/equipment stands through the use of layering of granite, MDF and a special (i.e. they don't tell you what it is....) material that is bonded together. The stands themselves are very functional, easily adjustable and aesthetically pleasing. They have various facing and finishing options available. They are also able to be re-built into various combinations and configurations over time by mixing and matching the various upright lengths and x-frame combinations available. A large part of what makes them useful is also the ability of weight the metal frames and granite/hybrid shelves are able to hold, i.e. they easily take the loads presented by large amps, transports, power conditioners, etc...

I have found the following;

- certain vibration solutions such as Stillpoints and Black Diamond racing pucks under my equipment to further isolate are not a good match with the hybrid platforms and have a sonic signature that I do not care for when used together

- Composite Audio CF-2010/similar platforms that utilize high-tech epoxy, sorbethane and carbon-fiber combinations work VERY well in conjunction with the Adona granite platforms to provide a extra level of broad spectrum vibration isolation that sounds great (to my ears)

As an aside, I've consider hard-aged Maple blocks in the past such as the high-quality ones sold by Mapleshade and others. They are a great solution.