Amp is plugged to the wall, why use a conditioner?

I keep hearing how important it is to have a line conditioner if you have higher end equipment. I also hear that I should plug my amp into the wall for best performance. If I get a line conditioner for my CD, DVD, and Control Amp to purify the signal, will it be defeated by the messy signal coming from my amp being plugged into the wall? Here are a few other questions: If I do use a line conditioner, should I get a few to plug into different wall sockets? Which conditioners do not limit my amp? Gray 400? Shunyata 2? Monster 2000 or 7000? When I do not have any music on, I can hear a low hiss or humm from my speakers. Will the conditioner help clean this up?

Thank you very much,
Greg
gdush

Showing 3 responses by bo1972

I tested many conditioners and to be honnest there are a lot who just work for a part. PS Audio is a brand which is very popular. But there is one thing what I saw in the last 8 years. Many of my clients sold there regenerators. When I ask them why they sold them? They say; I was not convinced. Then I think; but first you bought it. These filters work at 8 bit. This can give a clinical sound. I understand them, I tested them a few times and no I would never want them in my system. I use a Kemp Elektroniks powersourceplus. I use it with a Purist Audio Design Dominus Praesto Revision powercable. It gives a lot more weight and drive compared to a direct use to the wall. The sound becomes so much more musical and realistic in sound. Also the focus is a lot more sharp and palpable. When I go back to a direct use to the wall I also loose resolution. There is less air and also less decay. A good conditioner is the fundament of every system. Without you loose a lot of quality in the overwhole sound. Without an exeptional good conditioner it is like a big orchestra without a conductor.
There are many people who first think that it does not do a lot. This is based on no experience or they heard a poor or average conditioner. I sold many just to let people hear the difference between a direct plugin and conditioner. When you Always use the best on the market it is easy to understand why they are important. Most did not expect that it would make such a big difference. In the lower pricerange I use conditioners from Fisch Audiotechnik. These are superior compared to the cheap PS audio, Monster and other brands. Because it is no parallel filtering. It is a lot more dynamic.
I cannot imagine a good balanced audio system without a good conditioner. But you need to find the right stuff. But unfortunately there are more bad and avergae ones than good ones. That is why I say: far over 90% of all the stuff in audio is not worth it's money. So for conditioners same story.