Amp for Vandersteen Wood Quatros

I am planning to purchase a pair of Vandersteen Wood Quatros so that I can once again listen properly to large scale music in my best listening room. I am hoping to get advice/recommendations for amplification. System components - Analog via an Ayre-DPS turntable and Kenwood L-01T FM tuner, digital via a McIntosh MCD500 SACD player, Shindo Masseto preamp, Auditorium 23 ICs, Crystal Cable speaker cable, and Shunyata power conditioning. The room is 14' wide by 27.5' long with an 8' ceiling. The speakers will be positioned on the short wall, and the likely speaker front plane to listening position distance will be 10 to 11 feet. Many thanks in advance for your guidance.
4musica44107

Showing 3 responses by 4musica44107

Aronsss - Thank you for your comments about Quicksilver. After posting here I found a thread on another forum; there seems to be a number of folks that like the Shindo pre/Quicksilver amp combo with the Wood Quatros. That is a combination that I would not have considered. Thus far I have been considering only SS - Ayre and Accuphase. Nice to learn about other options that have worked!
Thanks, Stringreen. Do you have any particular Audio Research and Ayre amps in mind?
Thanks again, Stringreen. If I go with SS, I am definitely leaning toward an Ayre amp at this point. Really intrigued by the new VXR but it is an expensive piece of kit.

Good listening to you as well!