Amp for Thiel 2.3s. Anyone use Classe with them?

I recently purchased the 2.3s and while they have breathtaking sound I do find them bright. My amp is no slouch (Simaudio Moon W5)But I am wondering if the Classe 200/300 would be a more suitable companion given that they are warm sounding (at least that is what I have been told).

Would appreciate the thoughts of anybody who owns Thiels.

Thank you
Brent
brent_briscoe

Showing 1 response by gs5556

As a Thiel owner, I can say that if you hear any brightness it is somewhere in your system and not the speaker. Could be your preamp, cables, and possibly the amp. Whatever it is, the Theils are presenting it and not causing it.

I have heard the Thiel 2 2, 3.6 and CS6 - but not the 2.3 -with the Classe CA amps and Classe preamps and they do work extremely well together. However, don't expect the brightness to disappear with the Classe - whatever is causing it will remain and the Classe will not gloss over it, even though it is a bit on the warm side of neutral. I would have, without reservation, purchased the Classe. I chose the Mark Levinson 20.6 monoblocks instead.

Thiels are bastards - you cannot skimp anywhere in your system with them. They will brutally highlight shortcomings in electronics and cabling.