Amp for SF Amati Homage? Rogue Zeus or 180, Jadis Defy 7, Quicksilver 88 or 90 or M-135

I need an amp for recently acquired Sonus Faber Amati Homage. Their impedance drops in the bass and treble, and the treble dip does not work with my Vac Ren 30/30 signature. Hate to part with the beautiful Vac but I must. After I noticed the treble problem (shrill shouting from 2500-4000 hz) I was told Amatis have a natural peak around 3k hz. This is likely exacerbated by the impedance issue and relatively low amp power.

I am looking for a tube amp (please no solid state recommendations) that can handle relatively low impedance swings... Not too extreme like planers, but below 4 ohms. I have a bit of an allergy to brightness and etch and am willing to trade off ultimate extension and treble detail to avoid etch or brightness. I listen to jazz, blues, classical and some older rock. I do have a lot of recordings that are not perfect so I am NOT looking for perfect "neutrality" but rather a slightly warm top end and a rich, full midrange. Bass is not my top priority. My system is a Koetsu Rosewood Signature, Sota Star Sapphire, EAR 834p phono, Thor Ta-1000 pre, and the Amatis. Cabling is all cardas golden cross (warmer stuff) ;)  I listen to mostly vinyl.

My budget is under $4k used, inclusive of tubes. Could anyone give opinions on my shortlist, especially relative to one another?
- Jadis Defy 7
- Rogue Zeus or 180
- Quicksilver 88, 90 or M-135

Thank you for thoughts!

montaldo

Showing 1 response by jond

If you can stretch your budget a little bit this would work nicely:

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lis95fh7-air-tight-atm-2-classic-tube

A really nice 80 watt $18,000 amp for $4950. I had its little brother the ATM-1 some years back and it sounded lovely.